Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Ban Appeal help please :)
Started by [E] MCWormwood

=============

Username: MCWormwood

When you were banned : I don't know

Person who banned you: I don't know

Reason you were banned: I don't know

Server: Main

=============

One of my friends across the country who knows my basic gaming password had been using my account during the period in which I was banned.

If there is a way to confirm that the connection during the time that the offence had been committed was made from the east coast of Canada and not from my location here in Squamish, BC.

I plan to change all of my passwords and never have the chance of anyone gaming on my accounts any longer.

Please accept my request to be re-accepted on to the Main server!!

I love Minetown and have been playing for a while without grieving anyone or their stuff.
Hey,

Allow me to look into this really quickly.
Alright, so looking into this, you where banned for Griefing VVX's cafe.

BAN: leogt123 banned name 'mcwormwood': Griefing VVX's Cafe. ~Leo

Looking at your previous ban record, you where banned for abusing chunk glitches to steal from a chest. You state that it is your friend that was on your account, but this really isn't a valid excuse.
Rules wrote:
It cannot be emphasized enough that if it's your name connected to a rule-break, it doesn't matter who really was playing on your account, you are responsible! The best defense against getting banned is following the rules and not allowing others to access your account.

I realize there is not much that you could have done here, but you shouldn't have gave him the information in the first place. I see that it is a different IP address, but again keep in mind what is stated above. Thank you for changing your log in credentials, but how can we know that no sort of misbehaviorious actions will persist with this account? You where previously banned for chunk loading abuse (can also be classified as XRay), and stealing from the chest that you used that to get too. Now, your account was banned for griefing.

This totals your total number of offences to: XRaying, Stealing, and now Griefing. Why should we even consider letting you back on the server?
Thank you for your time.

the illegal xray'ing, stealing and grieving were done from the foreign I.P i'm certain. They were not my own doing.

I will gladly pay or offer services to any victims of the crimes and I invest that things will never be out of line again.

What's the verdict. <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/2639.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":(">:(</object>
I am an active contributor when I solely am playing my account . I only build, explore farming ideas, develop shops.. my only interest is in the fun aspects of this bad ass server and I don't want to start all over somewhere else.
You made a ban appeal and was unbanned for the xraying/stealing. (Found here)

You state in this paragraph that the person who had the account was on it. Why would you let them on your account again after this incident? I mean, this has happened twice. It's you're account and you are responsible for it, either way.

In your last appeal, I stated that you should be lucky you were being let off with such a large warning. You let him back on your account, and subsequently, got banned again.

You may add anything else you need to add, and I will review it, but I will have a decision regarding your current status by Friday night (tomorrow).
the truth is I would never risk hours of build time and the chance of playing the server I like to do something so asinine as xraying, stealing or grieving someones buildings..
WOW, he must have posted that appeal. -_- . I'm so angry right now.
okay now I can see how me even posting an appeal seems ridiculous.. I swear if iIm unbanned there will never be a problem associated with this account again. I don't know how I let a monkey get a hold of my account info. &( never again.
MCWormwood wrote:
the truth is I would never risk hours of build time and the chance of playing the server I like to do something so asinine as xraying, stealing or grieving someones buildings..

I understand, it's more of an issue of your account being compromised. If your first ban appeal was the result of your account being used by another user, and so is your second, that doesn't show a very positive outcome of how you can handle your account and who you should and shouldn't give information too. Remember, we disregard this fact entirely though because it is your account.
MCWormwood wrote:
okay now I can see how me even posting an appeal seems ridiculous.. I swear if iIm unbanned there will never be a problem associated with this account again. I don't know how I let a monkey get a hold of my account info. &( never again.

Alright.

I will post a verdict tomorrow. Sit tight.