Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] SuperBowl?
Started by [E] donkeyykong

Hey guys!

I haven't really made a thread lately and I feel kindof.. lazy xD So I just wanted to see who wants to win the Superbowl tomorrow!

49ers or the Ravens (in my input I kinda want the 49ers to win:P)

(Oh, and if no one really knows what the Superbowl is.. your most likely not in the United States:P

The SuperBowl is a game of football (As Americans call it) but if your outside the U.S. you probably call it soccer, and there are a lot of teams that try to make it to the SuperBowl, but only 2 teams can make it, and only one team will get the trophy and this years two teams are the San Francisco

49ers and the Baltimore Ravens.)

So.. yeahh.. voteeee ^^

-Donkeyy.
I think that the San Francisco patriots will beat the Baltimore Seahawks in the 2013 sports bowl
DonkeyyKong wrote:
Hey guys! The SuperBowl is a game of football (As Americans call it) but if your outside the U.S. you probably call it soccer

Got your sports mixed up, yo.

Also, I'm not a fan of either team, but San Francisco is going to win.
Soccer in US -> Football Elsewhere

Football in US -> American Football Elsewhere

Also, I want the 49ers to win, but it's probable that the ravens will <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>
Wondering if I was the only one who caught that mix up lol, didn't want to be 'that guy'

I am hoping ravens win <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>
Waiittt.... Okay I'm confused...

AMERICA, Y U NO NAME SPORT SOMETHING ORIGINAL.

Seriously, they shouldnt even call it football... You throw it, and its not even round! It's not a ball at all! It's a lie!!!!!

On another note- pfft, sports are lame. SSBB is where it's at.
XCoaster wrote:

Idellechi wrote:

Seriously, they shouldnt even call it football... You throw it, and its not even round! It's not a ball at all! It's a lie!!!!!

HERE'S SOME SPORTS HISTORY UP IN YO GRILL YO: The term 'soccer' was first used as the name for what everyone outside the U.S. calls football starting in the 1863, by who else but the British, as an abbreviation for 'Association Football'. This was because there were several other sports also using the name football, such as rugby football and others. 'Soccer' is still used as the sport's name in the U.S., Canada, and equally alongside 'football' in Australia. It's no longer used in the U.K. other than to show their ignorance of the history of their own most popular sport by calling us ignorant for using the name, which again, they came up with.

Gridiron football (the collective term used for the American and Canadian forms of the game) on the other hand, was not invented until later on (late 1800's, no exact date that I've ever been able to find) and gradually evolved from Rugby Football after it was introduced to North America by the British in the late 1860's/early 1870's, hence why the term 'football' is still used as the name for these two games.

And now you know!
Fettuccini wrote:
XCoaster wrote:

Idellechi wrote:

HERE'S SOME SPORTS HISTORY UP IN YO GRILL YO: The term 'soccer' was first used as the name for what everyone outside the U.S. calls football starting in the 1863, by who else but the British, as an abbreviation for 'Association Football'. This was because there were several other sports also using the name football, such as rugby football and others. 'Soccer' is still used as the sport's name in the U.S., Canada, and equally alongside 'football' in Australia. It's no longer used in the U.K. other than to show their ignorance of the history of their own most popular sport by calling us ignorant for using the name, which again, they came up with.

Gridiron football (the collective term used for the American and Canadian forms of the game) on the other hand, was not invented until later on (late 1800's, no exact date that I've ever been able to find) and gradually evolved from Rugby Football after it was introduced to North America by the British in the late 1860's/early 1870's, hence why the term 'football' is still used as the name for these two games.

And now you know!

But still... whenever I see my stepdad watching Football they throw it... plus ball-

Noun

A solid or hollow sphere or ovoid, esp. one that is kicked, thrown, or hit in a game.

A formal social gathering for dancing.

So... it has nothing to do with feet and its not round.... so still, why football?
Idellechi wrote:
But still... whenever I see my stepdad watching Football they throw it... plus ball-

Noun

A solid or hollow sphere or ovoid, esp. one that is kicked, thrown, or hit in a game.

So... it has nothing to do with feet and its not round.... so still, why football?

Well it is ovoid, and there's a whole lot more kicking of the ball(kickoffs, punts and field goals) involved than there is in any sport that doesn't use the name football.

Also, like I said, it evolved from Rugby Football, which evolved from soccer and the name just stuck.

P.S. I think we've gotten off-topic.
Fettuccini wrote:
Idellechi wrote:

Noun

Well it is ovoid, and there's a whole lot more kicking of the ball(kickoffs, punts and field goals) involved than there is in any sport that doesn't use the name football.

Also, like I said, it evolved from Rugby Football, which evolved from soccer and the name just stuck.

P.S. I think we've gotten off-topic.

I wouldnt call it an oval... more like a diamond that has been rounded on only two of it's edges. :/

and yes we have gotten so offtopic T.T