Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] FTB server help

Well, upon joining the FTB server all seems well, except it's not. For me, nothing seems to happen at all, as if some giant lag was happening(Of course it isn't) For example, I can issue the command /home. And server side I am instantly teleported to my home, but on my client side, I am just standing there like a fool waiting. This continues for about 30 seconds to 3 minutes and suddenly everything happens at once. The same goes for like any other part of the game, ex (opening chests, placing, breaking, running etc). Before you say anything, yes i have rebooted my computer, I have flushed my DNS, reinstalled Java, minecraft, FTB, reset my router and any other base things I could think of. Just wondering if anyone might know of a solution to this, thanks.
It's not happening just to you, bacon. It's happened to me quite a bit (when I was exploring getting to the point where I settled). I'm not sure why, but it does not affect everyone, however some people complained to me that I'm causing lag where others saw no lag. In addition, I've been getting random spikes of lag (ping upwards of 2000) even when I'm the only person on that server. I believe it is the instability of the current mod versions, not your client. If you've done all that, then it is not your client.
Sorry for the late reply... Been having computer issues.

We are having to fix a lot of issues on the server and will continue to do so. Your problem seems to be lag related due to twilight forest and people exploring. We are currently working on the server to help reduce these issues. We are on an experimental setup so to speak so our solutions are not the typical fixes for a traditional server.
Thanks for the reply's, that would explain the inability for me to trace its origin or what exactly causes it.