Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] [Update] Silk Spawners Fixed-ish & Crafting Formula Change
Started by [E] Zionia

Alright, Good News Bad News time!

The Good news first:

Silk Spawners is Now Working! You can break most spawners and they will drop eggs! It isnt 100% yet, as a couple are derping on us, but with the exception of PigZombies, MagmaCubes, and Creepers, all other legal spawners will drop eggs. We should have the three that are derping fixed within 24 hours or so as soon as Yield is finished with work and has enough time to finish messing with the configurations. Please give Yield a big thanks for stepping up and getting this issue fixed for us!

Now the Bad News: (its really not that bad)

The Formula for crafting spawners has been changed to be a bit more costly to help reduce the overuse of them in the future and make you think a little bit about placement. The new formula is as follows:

Top: Iron Block | Iron Block | Iron Block

Middle: Iron Bars | Fire | Iron Bars

Bottom: Iron Block | Egg | Iron Block

Fire will be made available in the CS tomorrow for $3,000 MTC Each. Before you start arguing in price, the suggested price was to be $10,000 (or the average of the MBox costs which would be around $35,000). The price may change later if we feel it is not right, but for now we feel this is a good price for the cost of a spawner for now. $3k is less than 2 days worth of voting, so it isnt all that much when you really think about it <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f609.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=";)">;)</object>

Hope you all enjoy the fix. Ill post an update here when the other spawners are fixed.

Also, dont forget warp EggDrop is available to sell your excess spawners to the server for relatively descent prices if you wish to get some MTC from your extras.
I am only going to point out that a 1k mtc credit cs spawner now costs 4k i will say no more because i will rage soo bad its not funny. i will talk tomorrow when i have cooled down.
The main issue is fixed though and no one will be breaking and moving spawners multiple times. (Unless they like burning money). It will make spawner hunting more lucrative and you can always sell a spare spider egg to pay for the fire.

EDIT I have spent probably half a million on spawn eggs and I gave up on reclaiming all of that long ago. For those that do have mobs that drop valuable items, look and see what you have made so far and what you can make with the increase in value that is about to happen. I have only sold a handful of eggs that I've purchased/hunted and kept the rest.

You can make back that few thousand that it costs to craft a spawner in a short time and possibly a good portion of your original investment in the long run. Those with spawners already in place are lucky, all they have to do is produce and sell. In order for the prices to go up, it's going to hurt for a bit but the materials that you can farm aren't going to worthless, you can still make some profit off of them.
Yeah this really does suck. Not only did I have to buy the spawners and eggs I have but now I have to pay again to re-craft the ones that broke? Paying twice for the same items? Not cool.

PS. while those that are here to have pseudo businesses may be able to overcome their losses fairly quick. This really hurts the casual players. I know I personally dont have the time of day to try and run an in game business here so every MTC counts.
So, with the fixing of the silkspawner addon and whatnot, will the mob rate change anymore? I'm trying to decide if I have an effective Mob grinder or if its better for me to just give up and sell a few eggs in order to modify it...
I dont see why we have to be angry about this anymore, I find it brilliant that we have to spend 3k to craft a spawner! It is going to noticeably reduce the rate of spawners consumed & crafted. Its nothing to get all angry about anymore, remember Monsterbox? It was SO FRIGGEN expensive to get a spawner and now it costs just to get the spawner and place it (getting a slime spawner costed 100,000mtc back then (and it was even more of a pain to get it moved). Now you can get one for discount price (second hand) for about 40-50k + the 3k to craft it. The one issue I see is that all the people who sold all their spawners off will be pissed off..

Be greatful they even fixed it at all, they could have just kept spawners being useless, it will only take a day or so to get the funds for crafting them by voting. It will change the use in a way (EXTREMELY large mob traps will cost a lot more to craft, less people (like iggy) would be able to create giant money machines).

Dont get all judgmental on my opinion though, its hard thinking when I'm on a mac listening to my brother scream at Red Dead Redemption since his horse is falling off a mountain while hes trying to capture someone <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>
idk if it was just a glitch... but i went to break a cs spawner.. and got no egg back :/ ... i dont know if thats for every cs egg of did mine just derp
I do agree with Rokitchikin, but at the same time, if I had to pick between grinding my life away in order to buy a spawner, or having no spawner, I guess I'd have to pick grinding my life away.

Lugg - What I think Rokitchikin is trying to say is, now that they've changed the rules, his once effective Mob spawner may have to change. With the limit of mobs that spawn before region his spawner is not as adequate (not sure if it even works at all to be honest) as it was before the change. Its a six lane spawner with six zombie and six skelly spawners. If his way of grinding doesn't work anymore he's going to have to break the spawners in order to move them. This is not because he built it wrong, or placed it in the wrong place, but because Minetown changed the way things worked. Thats essentially 20K loss on his part that he had nothing to do with. Now, that wouldn't be a whole lot to quite a few people, but looking at my money...thats what I've been saving up, and selling my inventory to -every- store I've found that can sell things just to achieve.

So like he said, for a casual player who doesn't have a thriving shop in this place, the change is rather upsetting. I'm not trying to put words in Rokitchikin's mouth by any means, but we've talked a bit about it on our own off game and he's agreed (he may have just been saying yeah to shut me up) with me. For new spawners that you buy, thats not a horrid price to pay at all, but for those who Had working grinders that now no longer work and they have to fix them...its kinda a bummer.
Will double check into it eternal...may have been a temp derp. if it isnt working ill add that to the fix list.

Luggious hit the bell on the gong for why we implemented this...Reduce the number people put out there. Is it really that much to pay a 3k per spawner sink? Thats a day and a half of voting. It only affects when you need to move them or place a new one...if you plan and set up your traps right, there should be no real issue with the 1 time cost. The value of spawners should go up once the buyback goes down as the available MTC is higher, and there are many less out in the world.

There are no plans to alter any of the spawnrates at this time (other than reenable endermen). 10 seems to be a fairly stable and balanced rate. If we do alter in the future it wouldnt be by much. I would assume no more than a +/-2 and I would plan to let you know before such changes would be made.
I think this is a wonderful solution to the problem!Thank you so much Zionia! <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object>