Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Does the Spawner Limiter work?
Started by [E] Eric_ma

Hi guys. I know many of you say that the spawner limiter hasn't done anything to help with lag. And so I would like to make a poll to see if the limiter has made a difference for Minetown users.

NOTE: I am not asking If you like the limiter or not. This poll is asking if the limiter has helped to reduce lag.

Thank you guys!
By the way I like your signature you get yourself a kudos.
looking at the serverside output, yes, it is significantly reducing the server load in several ways.

1: Mob entities can only be spawned to a certain level now reducing local and server load.

2: Reduces the ability for more than X spawners to work in an area at a time reducing local lag.

3: Reduction in number of item entity drops reduces local and server load.

If your personal lag is unchanged, then it is usually a connection issue on your side.
I did see improvement, but the last 2 days have been a bit more laggy for some reason (maybe my own connection).

It seems that the server begins to lag when we have 40+ people logged in.
the rescent lag issues have been with signshop and some other plugins trying to derp...as well as the bonus to numbers of people we haev online...which is part of the reason we have the AFK plugin in as some of you remember the days of 100+ people and kicking all the afks made the lag go away <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>