Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] TCTS - TranContinental Tram System
Started by Unknown User

As some of you may or may not know, I am working on a project, which once finished will bring rail travel to the entire server, and all it's cities.

It, right now, is a massively long north to south running line, over 1955 blocks in length, supporting both incoming and outgoing travel simultaneously, along with a single maintenance/freight line below the dual passenger tracks.

The tracks/lines do not turn, they run straight. Only way I can build them, as I don't know how to turn them, nor am I interested in doing so. Nor does minecraft allow diagonal travel... Hence why I came up with an idea, of what I call a "Hub".

North and South will link all the cities along it, but they are only a handful of what has been built. To allow East and West Travel, I need to build a hub, which will combine the lines separately, away from stations. And here lies the problem.

Since the lines run straight, and the hubs allow direction of travel, the only way to build the system is in a grid-like pattern. Like Tic-Tac-Toe, as an example. Thus I need help, in determining where to build the hubs, to allow all the cities to be accessed via rail.

Here is an example of what I am talking about (Crudely Drawn):

TCTS-Example.png

Legend: Red Blocks = Cities/Towns, Black Dots = Hubs, Black Lines = Rail Lines, Purple Dots = Stations

Now for some FAQ Questions and Answers (Should hopefully cover everything):

Q: Why Isn't the rail going directly to my city/town?

A: Because the rail lines are not supposed to go directly to your city/town. They will interfere with your cities' or towns' construction or expansion areas, so I build the line as close as is possible, tho they may still be a small distance away.

Q: Why are the rail lines not ending at my city/town?

A: Because your city/town isn't the only city/town in exsistance. There may be other cities and towns along this line that wish to connect, you just have a station connected to the network, that is all.

Q: I don't want a rail line near my city/town!

A: Then we have a problem. Other Cities and towns that are close to you might, and if the rail lines need to come close to your city/town to reach them, then I'm sorry, it is going to whether you like it or not. I can guarantee it will not interfere with your own city/town however. All it does is allow travel from Point A to Point B.

Q: I don't want a station at my city/town!

A: You don't have to build a station then. The stations are built by the cities and towns themselves. They will thus reflect the Architecture and leave the station to be customized to match that of the City/Town in any way you so choose, as long as it allows the rail line to flow through it. This will result in each station being unique to the city that owns/operates it.

Q: How Much does it cost to travel by rail?

A: Unknown at this time, my focus is on finishing the rail network first. So that more places are connected. Prices will not be expensive, although it will not be free either. I have to think about making a profit, considering the sheer amount of materials gathered, and use of those materials, onto the project.

Q: What is the destination of the TCTS? Where does it End?

A: The TCTS will never End, it will expand infinitely, to connect every (inhabited) town and city. It will be setup to allow expansions in ANY direction as needed.

Q: What are your plans for the TCTS?

A: My plans for the moment, are to finish it. Completely. After that, I will think about upgrading it, or changing a few things about it, all based on public feedback.

Q: Can I donate materials to be used in the project?

A: Yes, you can. Any materials donated will gladly fund the construction effort. As well, your name will be written onto a Wall Of Donators, Located in Earth City II, the site of the first station ever built. The materials used are Cobblestone, Smoothstone (Rock), Coal + Sticks (Torches), Iron + Sticks (Rails), and Iron (Carts).

Q: Help! My Question isn't Listed Here!

A: Post a reply with your question. I will answer it to the best of my ability and knowledge.

Thank you for your Understanding!
iron donations are welcomed
PLz dont make the price like half a stack of iron,

id say a reasonable price is like:

10, 20, maybe 30 cobble stone
Cobble is absolutely useless.

People give stacks of them for free.

~SN
wait...you don't know how to make turns in a railway?....
There are turns in the railway...

~SN
SpaceNarwhal wrote:

~SN

Yet you try to sell them in your shop. <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object>
I found this ini sintdose's town next to Oasis. I knew there was no way he'd managed to build something like this!

Great idea, but the track boosters seem like they might be too far apart?
DecoyGoose wrote:
SpaceNarwhal wrote:

~SN

Yet you try to sell them in your shop. <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object>

Absolutely <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object>

~SN
We need Craftbook, there SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MANY MINECART FEATURES that you could use.

Also I'm up for it, I can donate any wood I can harvest from my tree farm and any iron I find from helping Cryston dig.