Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] World map
Started by [E] ≈tarantula2

I was just wondering when will we be able to see ourselves on world map like a few months ago, like there is are head there and you can see where you are or were you are heading to.

Thx tarantula2
You probably won't, it was removed for a reason, it caused server lag, and at this point, we don't need any more lag then we already have.
I don't see how that would cause that much lag, all it's doing is grabbing a player's coordinates and putting their skin on the map at those coords.
Yeh i agree with lucas it cant really make to much lag...
lucaslower wrote:
I don't see how that would cause that much lag, all it's doing is grabbing a player's coordinates and putting their skin on the map at those coords.

Perhaps, but I guess it depends on how quickly it is updated, which was fairly often <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>
It was a really handy feature though, you could see where everyone was at and especially yourself when you warp to a new location and want to know where it is at, but i suppose if it causes that much lag :fix:
Jack and ipwn had it. Though it won't be updating the actual entities and blocks in real time, it still relays your coordinates as you move. The current map updates, I think, when the server restarts. If the map also showed the people moving on the map, the number of users we can have at times can mean that it is tracking (30 on Main+Main2+Creative currently) and reporting those coordinates as they move. As the number of users grows, you can imagine the extra traffic that is going back and forth to update the position. What I do to find my current location is the use F3 or Fn F3 to bring up your coords and then open the world map in your browser. The map shows the current coordinates that your cursor is over on the bottom of the screen. You can also use a minimap such as REI's if you just want to see a "satellite" view of your location.
Hagan wrote:
What I do to find my current location is the use F3 or Fn F3 to bring up your coords and then open the world map in your browser. The map shows the current coordinates that your cursor is over on the bottom of the screen.
Yes but cords can get annoying :/.
I know what you mean. I went in the complete opposite direction once before I realized I was heading towards negative and not positive.