Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Ban Appeal Iggythebrain
Started by Unknown User

=============

Username: Iggythebrain

When you were banned : (Date.) 12/4/2012

Person who banned you: ?

Reason you were banned: ?

Server: (Wildlands, PVP, Main, Tekkit, Creative)

=============

Why?
Myself and Italy08 have banned you after a three day investigation.

The reason for the ban was Item Duplication, would you care to explain yourself before we post three days worth of proof?

Thank you
I'd like to know what it is I duped, honestly. I'm not going to try to defend myself without knowing what I've 'done'.
Please note: Agent_125 had *nothing* to do with this. The diamonds he's been selling were mined legitimately. I can't prove it - but I'd like to see you *try* and prove me wrong.

Okay, I've been told by a member of staff that I'm banned as a result of 'duping' diamond ore.

Let me clear up the confusion:

A while ago, back when MastaC was an admin, and I was part of his faction on the PvP server, I built several machines to help him, Zionia, and Danny discover various ways people could exploit bugs and such to dupe.

One of these machines led to a temporary two-day ban (because of some confusion and communication). Recently, after I was unbanned, I rebuilt a miniature version of said machine, to test whether or not it still worked after Danny had the MCMMO mining drop rate bonuses nerfed. Let me make this as clear as possible: I placed diamond ore, 'naturalized' it, broke it, and received no additional ore.

I was also told by the same member of staff, that he had tested the duplication glitch with a block of gold ore, and that the dupe was still possible. I don't believe this to be an appropriate experiment. In order to properly test the dupe I'm accused of, you should try a few blocks of diamond ore, and try mining them with the mining level I had at the time of the so-called 'dupe'.

I figure now that I've made my plea, I'll explain exactly what happened...

I built a machine to naturalize blocks. I tested it, and nothing happened. I placed 8 diamond ore three (or was it four) times, each time breaking the now supposedly naturalized blocks. I looked in my inventory after each successive attempt, and found that I had received not one additional ore.

As I said before, Agent_125 has had nothing to do with this.
Agent did have something to do with this. He knew everything about your machine did he not? Or will you deny this?

You were duping on December 1st. The issue with you, Danny, Zionia and Masta was weeks ago. You were not authorised by any staff member to have that recent machine or use it. You were temp banned in the past because of duping machines. You made them showed them masta who did not notify anyone or take action, zionia came across them and reported to Danny who temp banned you. You clearly knew these are strictly against the rules and yet you continued to work on the machine without notifying the server manager of your little 'project'. With how you had been talking about it both ingame and in mumble between you and Agent it does seem like you were trying to hide it.

We know the machine did not make additional diamonds but it does work with other blocks including diamond ore which you used to your advantage. Theres no need to explain to us how the machine worked, we spent 3 days going through every single thing on the server log and spending a lot of time on the server to see everything you were doing.

You had over 900 blocks of iron, lapis and gold. You were selling stacks upon stacks of TNT though auctions and the admin shop. You were spreading your money by transferring all of your money to agent_125 and also both yours and agents alt accounts.

At one point you and agent were talking about about having no diamonds, you asked Danny for xray who said no, then all of a sudden had mass amounts of diamonds and were selling quite a lot within the admin shop.

You do not go from having no diamonds to selling 193 diamonds to the admin shop in 24 hours.
Where do you get this information? I want proof that I duped anything. I understand that you've found us to have done something wrong, but I'd like to be proven guilty, not assumed guilty. I never asked Danny about using xray, not seriously anyway. If you go through the logs, you'll see that agent had absolutely nothing to do with the duping that did not take place. I guarantee you that you'll find I haven't duped anything.

I attempted to sell a stack of TnT after obtaining level 150 fishing (you know, using shake on a creeper), and the diamonds were fairly mined. If you take a look under the remains of the old YOLO/FireNation Base, you can clearly see a strip mine which is at least 1000 blocks-though it's probably closer to nearly 3000 blocks- in length. At no point did either myself or Agent_125 use an Xray Mod or Texture pack.

You say -excuse me- imply I've duped Iron, gold and lapis. This is not the case. Such blocks cannot be duped, because they're not ores. MCMMO doesn't give anyone a double, nor triple drop rate chance on anything aside from naturalized ores, obsidian and stone. ADDITIONALLY, you can ask MastaC729 and CptTeabag that the iron, gold and lapis we possessed were mainly what we obtained from raiding their bases.

As for my money disappearing, you can go ask PredSpread about that. He sold me nearly 50 stacks of obsidian at around 3500 mtc per stack.

When I said "I have no diamonds" I literally meant that I, Iggythebrain, had no diamonds. This is not to say the faction did not have it's own supply.

Lastly, I've not used the admin shop to buy or sell anything other than sandstone, obsidian, logs, glowstone and a single creeper egg (maybe vines and leaves by accident, too).

As of yet, I haven't seen any logs or screenshots proving me guilty of doing *anything* wrong.

EDIT: I agree with Agent, and think that we should be given access to mumble where we will be allowed to verbally defend ourselves in a recorded session.
May you guys noticed Agent and Iggy are posting at the Same Time? Maybe alt Account?
Umm, sorry to interrupt Danni, but I did notify Danny about the duping machine the first time. There was no fail to notify anyone or take action on that situation. I didn't report the sand duping, so that is true.

Just wanted to clarify that.

But getting back to iggy's situation, I have no idea about what he took when I disbanded YOLO, so I am of no help in proving what is legitimate. But that strip mine below the skycastle is from my mining for the most part; some of it was from agent. I'm sure you did some of it iggy, but don't say it as if you did most of the mining on that.

I should mention that I warned you several times about the duping in the past, and you continued to make me look like a total fucking idiot for not reporting it. For Christ's sake, I am not a babysitter; hence why I am not staff anymore. You were not "helping" Danny, Zionia, or myself in the past; you intentionally kept duping materials. There was no point in making a machine; just describing it to staff would have been good enough. So with the combination of your shit, mixed with my idiocracy, I now look like a power-abusing douche.

So who is to say you haven't continued duping? If their logs on CoreProtect say you have been, it's going to be pretty funny when everyone says how wrong you were.
Please take note: double and triple drop rates don't apply to diamond anyway, since danny nerfed them...
Why were MastaC's and Nick663's posts deleted?