Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Event competition: Just an idea....(maybe can earn some kudos)
Started by [E] simworld

Hi all, everyone know the server having the competition regularly...so, I am propose this and hope it can create more meaningful creation...

Since everyone been to market before, been to bank, been to CS, or.....been to certain "key" places in minetown. I think the building remain the same most of time, how about having some competition redesign the place.

For example: (surface only)

We can have bank recreation, so the plot we get from the event server is exactly as the bank size. The winner of the bank building can replace the existing old bank structure. Beside than just having the price.

Other structure can be put into competition such as bank, market, fountain (front of spawn point), the spawn point, nether entrance, PVP entrace, and many more.....

ok, hope my english never confuse anyone.
I do like the idea,

However, I absolutely love the current designs. They may not be as 'perfect' as some people could redesign them to but I remember those designs from when I first started the server over a year ago. When I visit them and look at them it always brings back the memories of being a member and having a lot of fun with all the players around them.

I definitely like the idea of a competition though, could still go ahead with it and just put the best builds on the Main2 spawn. We have plenty of space to fill on there!! <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object> xx
DanniDorrito wrote:
I do like the idea,

However, I absolutely love the current designs. They may not be as 'perfect' as some people could redesign them to but I remember those designs from when I first started the server over a year ago. When I visit them and look at them it always brings back the memories of being a member and having a lot of fun with all the players around them.

I definitely like the idea of a competition though, could still go ahead with it and just put the best builds on the Main2 spawn. We have plenty of space to fill on there!! <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object> xx

I think Danni just had a lightbulb go off.... something like.. i could give out stickers for this. OHHHH yeahh
like the idea, but some of those buildings have a lot of personal relation and historical importance to the server. Replacing them may be a bit much for some of the older members. (Bank, Cred Shop, spawn tree...ive kinda already done market but some design ideas could be nice to fill it out once replaced)

Some things will work well with this tho. The fountain changes all the time, so a fountain contest could be a lot of fun. Spawn Point likes to change up a bit from time to time though. The old jail and hospital may be due for some renovation....

could also be a good way to get more builds to fill in Main2 though.
I think that part of MT's charm is that things aren't erased, ever. You can come back after a long time and it will still be the same... Most other servers (Legendarycraft, etc.) get wiped every couple of months, so this makes this server kinda unique in a way. That's perfect for a guy like me who constantly gets in and out of minecraft for months at a time <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>
Or maybe even adding to the current designs would be cool, so it would still be the original building, just something changed a bit to make it more "new" ?...
I still fail to see what the problem is with the current spawn buildings. They look good as they are and there is no reason to change the server's most recognizable features. It ain't broke. Stop trying to fix it.
there will be some things opening up in spawn in a couple months that i plan to hold contests to fill for as well as some new market prebuilt stores and other things. keep an eye out for some of them coming up prolly next month
I had this EXACT same idea a few weeks ago, and Zio, i would love love ove, to redesign the hospital!!
ill keep it in mind for future event build ideas <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f609.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=";)">;)</object>