Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Shop Plugin Change
Started by [E] Sayomie

The plugin that we have been using for the last while "Duck Shop" for shops has gone inactive and started to crash the server so we have decided to change over to "Sign Shop".

This is a better plugin over all and a plugin that we have considered moving over to for a while, With this change players will have to remake all of their shops. Bellow is a description of how to make a shop sign as well as the signs that we are allowing players to use.

Creating a Shop Sign

1. Place 1 sign -_-
  2. First line = , etc
  3. Second line = Description
  4. Third line = Description
  5. Forth Line = Price that you are selling the item at in MTC
  6. Place 1 chest at desired location
  7. Place the amount of items that you want to sell in the chest (If you want to sell 1 stone at x credits place only 1 stone in the chest)
  8. Right click the chest with a piece of red stone dust
  9. Right click the sign with the piece of red stone dust
  10. Congrats you have now made a shop sign you can now stock the chest with as many items as you want

Types of signs you can use

• - Used to allow players to buy items from your shop
  • - Used to allow players to sell items to your shop
  • - Used to allow players to trade 1 set item for another set item
  • - Used to allow players to donate a set item to the shop
  • - Used to allow players to donate the item in their hand to the shop
  • - Destroys the item in your had
  • - Turns a lever on
  • - Turns a lever off
  • - Toggles a lever
  • - Temporarily turns on a lever
  • - Temporarily turns on a lever using items as payment
  • - Allows players create jukeboxes by placing music discs in a chest
  • - Link to another SignShop to split profits, lines 2 and 3 are for the other players, line 4 is for % amounts (e.g. "25/50" for 75% to others)

If you have any question please post them and i or another staff member will try to answer them to help make this a smooth transition over to the new plugin :sheep:

Yield Edit:

I found the error that was causing instability with Duckshop. To smooth the transition, the plugin will remain for about a week. More in-depth warning will be issued in a few days, prior to the plugins removal.

How to make a sign

1. Place sign with on first line, Second and third lines are for a description
  2. Place two chests
  3. Place the items you want to sell trade in the first one (Cost Item)
  4. Place the items you want to buy trade in the second one (Item being Purchased)
  5. Punch the first one with redstone then the second one
  6. punch the sign after you have punched both chests
  7. Stock your chests
  8. Profit
At first I panicked, but then I noticed three good things out of this <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object>

1) Chests can be anywhere still (I think?)

2) We don't have to obsessively type /duckshop link

3) Less crashing
Yah overall its a much better plugin <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>
Initiate broken shop frenzy. xD This switch is a good idea, thanks Sayomie! <3
fyi you left click punch the check and sign with redstone dust in your hand, not right click
I will miss the perdy stock bars though :L
SignShop has been removed temporarily due to a dupe glitch

We will re-enable it some time tomorrow after we correct the perms issues that allow the glitch.

In the mean time, I fixed the issue with duckshop (had a : where a ; needed to be =P) so it should be more stable.
Yield I <3 You!!!

I'm going to miss the Duckshop plugin... So many hours warping back and forth setting up shop..

Question with Sign Shop?

Will you be able to link 1 sign to multiple chest?
Yes you can <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>

Heck, you can link all your sell/buy signs to just one chest if you wanted to
danny: can you do it the other way around tho is the ?...so you can have 10 chests feed one sign/