Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Lost items due to server lag.
Started by [E] Minecr_ft

I was wondering around /Warp Sparta and they have a sacrificial hole, which at the bottom of it, has lava, and I looked down the hole, and a few seconds later, I backed up and tried typing something, and when it didn't show in the chat box, I immediately held shift, hoping not to fall in the hole. Next thing I know, I am at the bottom looking at a death screen. Frustrated, I returned, with a fire resistance potion, and jumped down, in the middle ( where the source block was ) and tried to salvage anything, which there wasn't, since the lava had burned everything. I had talked to a friend, who had something like this happen before, and he told me to make a PE saying what had happened. So, I did. Zionia, said that he/she could only refund 1 item, because of the situation. In my opinion, I don't understand why all of the items can't be refunded? It wasn't caused by lag on my end, but, by server lag.

In all, I lost 5 major items. -

1 Sword, 1 Bow, 1 Pick axe, 1 Axe, and 1 Shovel.

All of these had names, and enchantments.

Sword Enchants -

Smite 5, Fire Aspect, Looting 3

Bow Enchants -

Infinity, Power 4, Fire 3

Pick axe Enchants -

Efficiency 5, Unbreaking 3, Silktouch 1

Shovel Enchants -

Efficiency 5, Unbreaking 3, Fortune 3

Axe Enchants -

Efficiency 5, Unbreaking 3, Fortune 3

All of these had names, which I can't recall, and Aren't that big of a deal.

I don't have proof, because, I died! I didn't take pictures bragging about the tools I had. The only person, that I can remember ever showing them to, is CytoCraft. It would be nice to either get, 1) An explanation or 2) My items.
You're not going to get them back, a while ago when there were lag glitches and people took damage for just running, I died, wasn't alowd to get my stuff back.. Tough luck bro, might aswell delete the thread to stay on good side of the admins <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>
I'm not insulting anyone, I'm just asking for either, an explanation or my items back. And, the lag, if it was on my end, or a problem with Minecraft itself, I would understand. But, it was on the the server.
Who said ur insulting anyone???

You don't get items back, even if dieing for lag! I died from lag, I tired, no use, and I know, they just wont refund items like that... So stay on the good side of the admins by not bugging them for your items
Look, Zionia said that he/she would refund 1 item, why not all of them? And if I don't get my items back, I would at least like an explanation for why I wouldn't get all of my items back.
Wait for a mod to respond this-
I am. (;
Minecraft123999 wrote:
Look, Zionia said that he/she would refund 1 item, why not all of them? And if I don't get my items back, I would at least like an explanation for why I wouldn't get all of my items back.

No offense, but why do you get a special exception? I've died so much from lag over the past 15 months just on this server. I've never received a refund for lag, even with screen shots. Nor are there refunds for rollbacks. The only refund I've ever received was when Minecraft was officially released and the server had so many chunk errors. Ever since, no one has been getting refunds for lag or rollbacks. I'm sorry but I'd like to hear Zionia say he is giving you a refund, even for one item, as this seems unfair. Not only to me, but to everyone else on the server. No single person should be given a refund over the other. It should be everyone getting refunds for any lag or rollbacks, or no one. That is my honest opinion, and how the rules on this server have been for a long time.
Minecraft123999 wrote:
It wasn't caused by lag on my end, but, by server lag.
Then why haven't others asked for refunds or complained about it? This only proves that then everyone should be refunded one item who was on at the time and lost items, if what you said about Zionia is true.
Zionia gave you your answer, you can have 1 item refunded. Do not try and play ring around the staff in order to get the answer you want. Respect his answer and don't try this again.

/locked.
So have to chime in on this one. The reason is we cant prove how and why your death occurred. Maybe server lag maybe you just fell in a hole. Server logs are great but they can't tell us this was caused by lag and this wasn't ect. Zionia was very nice to you and refunded an item so be grateful and move on.

If we refunded you everything what would stop others from saying that it was lag everytime they died?

So don't know whats so hard to understand.....