Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] The unfriend.
Started by [E] Nakedtime

So, who here has recently been unfriended by someone?

Stories to be shared, If anyone wants to talk that is, I myself have a short story to share, but mine will be a bit of an annoyance,

By "unfriend" I mean removed from someone's friend list. That sort of thing, it tends to be a bit annoying when you can't communicate with them at the time because work, or life has you too busy to get on. I myself recently was removed from a friend list but could not get on for more than a short time because work had me staying late every night for three nights in a row. Always fun, I know, but then, coming back, on a day that I have off, with the intent to actually say hello, chat them up I find, I cannot... more than a little perturbed I now seek a resolution to this predicament that will, most likely, never be found. What is one to do when they can't?

I know we all have something like this happen to us at one point, my question is, who here wants to get it off their chests?

I unfriended a pretty well known person after they gave me the cold shoulder for about a month. Like an hour after I unfriended them they started saying how horrible it was of me to do so. We haven't spoken since directly, and looking back on it, I'm pretty glad I did.
Coffee, funnily enough, my unfriend was by someone on the server as well. And I feel you there, sometimes it's for the better, but hey, isn't it also a decent thing to do if you tell them first? Not saying you didn't but at least a message saying something.
I suppose, yeah. In my case it was literally me sifting through my friends list to delete some of the people I randomly accepted and the people I didn't know, and when I came to the certain person I was just like, 'You know what, you pretty much ignore me, why are you on this list', so I deleted the person.

I can see where your coming from though, notice could probably have caused less drama.
Well, a lot of the time that's true, but some people just seem rife with the ability to throw drama everywhere, not the person I'm talking about here, maybe notice would've made it worse in your case.
Anyone else got one?
I've never unfriended anyone but i've been unfriended once or twice. it doesnt bother me.
Coffeey wrote:
I unfriended a pretty well known person after they gave me the cold shoulder for about a month. Like an hour after I unfriended them they started saying how horrible it was of me to do so. We haven't spoken since directly, and looking back on it, I'm pretty glad I did.

Actually its was me.
I've unfriended a few annoying 'post whores'. By that i mean they posted every 2mins the most useless and annoying stuff which was spamming my notifications. Also deleted a few people i dont get along with, i didn't care to see what they posted on their wall.

Edit: also its best for exs not to be friends, you'll get over it quicker xx
Also I find this thread is just asking for trouble. Someone is bound to comment with a snotty story about an unfriend and another person will be like "omg thats me" and an argument will start. Its quite a negative thread in itself and i understand the reasons as to why you have made it but maybe just stick to a simple wall post about your upset in future.

Hope you feel better soon x