Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Beacon Limiter Plugin Details!
Started by [E] Zionia

Note: plugin not operating correctly atm...will post update when it is fully functional!

Hello Minetown! It is finally out for release! The MineTown BeaconLimiter Plugin! Here are all the details to help you figure out the rules for how it all works

How it works:

Every member is allowed 1 beacon. You can get more based on donor level. These restrictions are in place in order to reduce issues from lag and obnoxious people going crazy with beacons. A chart is supplied below to show how many beacons you may have based on donor level.
Quote:
Limits:

member: 1

donate5: 1

donate10: 2

donate15: 2

donate20: 3

donate35: 3

donate50: 4

donate80: 5

donate100: 6

donate200: 8

donate300: 10

If you have beacons placed by myself when they were blocked, or from before the block, I request that you break and replace them. Please dont take advantage of me allowing some beacons to be placed while the plugin was under construction or I will not be so nice to you all no more <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object> If I find you havent replaced them, I will contact you to do it. If you do not comply, I will break them and you will have to get new beacons. So please do eet XD I wont set a time limit on when it needs to be done by but I will keep tabs, so please let me know you have fixed them.Beacon count does return if you break a beacon you placed. So if you placed a beacon in the wrong place and break it, it will give you the place back. If you notice an issue with this, let me know and I will check into it.

Commands:

/beaconlimit : displays help page

/beaconlimit check : checks to see how many beacons placed and limit for your account

Note: Some testing and tweaking may still be going on to make sure the break and place works correctly for the next few days.
Hey sorry the lag ingot the best of me as for I only had ~1fps, but placed one and it said I was at my limit, then it didn't pop back in my inv, then I really started to lag, I'll be on the forums to answer questions though
Great news! Thanks for the work you put in to get this up and running!!
Zio i went to break the beacon you placed for me then i tried replacing it and it said you have reached your maximum! then i checked my status it said you have placed 0 out of 0 maximum beacons.

thx
jimbo493: The fact that it did not give the beacon back after blocking you from placing it must be due to the lag, I did not have this issue when I tested the plugin, however if anyone else has this issue, keep me aware of that so that I can watch what's going wrong...

Could you use /beaconlimit check to see if there's no problem with your counter ?

tarantula2: We'll check if your rank is correctly set in the config files, your issue gives me the idea to add the non-set ranks automaticly in the config, setting it's default limit to 1. Will be done today.

To all : Thanks for the feedback, and your patience while this plugin is still in beta, that's my first plugin for your server, it can still have some bugs, I'll work hard on it until everything is fine !
You mean for *our* server, you're one of us now! <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object>
there was an issue yesterday that should have been fixed with the server reset. Ill be on later to do some testing to make sure it works properly.
ok, when i get on ill try my beacon, if i logged of before the beacon popped in my inv, will i still have it??
if it was a lag issue it should go back into your inv
I had the same thing happen Jimbo, I just relogged and it came back.

Thanks for the work on this, can't wait to get off work this evening and place my beacons!