Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Hurricane Sandy
Started by [E] Remove Kebab

It is a category 1 hurricane. Nothing special. No need to fret. Worry about the goddamn election that is going to spell out our imminent doom or our slow unending demise.

TL;DR

Cat 1, worry about something that will actually mean something sometime in the future.
Passed through lower New York from around 7pm to 1 am GMT -5 last night, we lost power for most of that time and a tree blew down. My Train was cancelled again for the second day in a row though so I am still stuck at my parents house, lol.
The rain here in vermont isn't quite biblical but it sure is torrential
Bridges are closed off and power is out I need my coffee D:
This is the only connection I will have for a long time so I'm posting an update here.

Power is out, could be out 5-7 days. Two trees down in my yard and the same everywhere. My town and most around me are under a travel ban. Tons of fires due to transformer explosions. Much of NYC where ny brother is has no power and no water. Transit will be closed for days. Jersey Shore towns are flooded with no way in or out. This is the only power I have left in my phone, so bye for now!
Hopefully the jersey shore people are isolated from the rest of humanity forever xD

Seriously though, stay safe Matt and everyone else in the worst of it.
Kentucky says to hurricanes: "Gerr Fuk Yershelf"
MattGehringツ wrote:
This is the only connection I will have for a long time so I'm posting an update here.

Power is out, could be out 5-7 days. Two trees down in my yard and the same everywhere. My town and most around me are under a travel ban. Tons of fires due to transformer explosions. Much of NYC where ny brother is has no power and no water. Transit will be closed for days. Jersey Shore towns are flooded with no way in or out. This is the only power I have left in my phone, so bye for now!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I hope i see you again mate, all in one piece!

<33333
Ocean city is just flooded. 1 of my dads stores has 1 to 2 feet of water inside it and some people are using boats to get around I'm currently out of power and only thing I have is a partially dead iPod and my dads portable Internet connection hopefully like Matt said probably a week or less then I can play