Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] [PVP] Server Map Reset
Started by [E] Danny

Hey guys! Danny here with some PVP server discussion~

PVP Server Map Reset

Basically, as 1.4 was released, there are a lot of new items coming into MineCraft. With that, the only way to get these items (Emeralds, potatoes, witches, etc.) would be to either extend the world map or reset the existing map (But keeping the spawn)

As this is a big decision, I'd like to get some user input on this, as this would mean everyone (Even the big obby base factions) would have to start from scratch. There are many benefits to this, especially for drawing in more players and getting the server more active, and would give the opportunity to have everyone on the same level.
Im interested in restarting it, i have gotten more and more active in it. But im just curious, as a map reset does that mean a reset of mcmmo skills to?
I'm undecided. As much as it might give people a "second chance," there is little new in map generation for 1.4. Carrots and potatoes can be obtained from zombies not super rarely, witches don't really do very much, and emeralds mean nothing except for trading which is disabled anyway. I'll let other people give their opinions and then I'll reconsider.
After all the work i have invested into this server i dont think it would be worth it. I cannot get back to the same position that i am in with out many hours (that i dont have) of work. Also, you guys have an advantage since you are staff and you can just get /kit diamond or whatever and you can set like 10 homes or whatever. And for me and many other people it would be a lot harder to get back onto our feet.
MCMmo would more than likely be reset if the world was~

Remember the map was made back in 1.2, updating the map would allow us to add a lot more to the PVP server (Like enable villager trading, and set up some npc's at spawn that only accept emeralds)
ambiosis wrote:
After all the work i have invested into this server i dont think it would be worth it. I cannot get back to the same position that i am in with out many hours (that i dont have) of work. Also, you guys have an advantage since you are staff and you can just get /kit diamond or whatever and you can set like 10 homes or whatever. And for me and many other people it would be a lot harder to get back onto our feet.

Donator kits are going to be updated to make it more even. Aka removing the /kit diamond for example

The multiple homes issue is a permissions bug, it's still being looked into, and will be fixed for everyone soon (and we can only set 3 lol)

I understand what you mean, I worked hard on the Rebels base too. But by resetting and starting fresh, many more players are going to be drawn to the server. A lot of people have been complaining the PVP server is empty, and this would boost the numbers~
Personally I like the idea of resetting the map. I hate to see my work be undone and and my skills become reset, but its even worse not to have anything to do at all, becouse you have a shitloadton of everything and becouse there are no players online.

PVP just so much funnier when its back to scratch <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object>
Great Timing...I built a little castle far away from spawn on the PVP Server just yesterday.... <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/2639.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":(">:(</object>

But, if you want my opinion...

I like the idea of a map reset, as it would bring new players in, but...

Would we lose all of our items? :L

I dislike the idea of losing all MCmmo skills >.<

If you do reset them, you'll have a very angry Landro on your hands... xD

If it was a Map Reset, Skills Reset and Item Reset...

I'd be very annoyed >.<

However, I actually quite like the idea of starting up again c:

I haven't voted because like Matt, i'm still undecided, but above all things, please don't reset MCmmo Skills D:

~Jack <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object>
Bumping as this is an important topic
Looking at what has been said, I vote yes for map reset and no for MCmmo skill reset.