Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] PETA: Pokemon Black and Blue???
Started by [E] Idellechi

Well, around this time last year, PETA had made a flash game critisizing Mario's use of a 'Tanooki Suit', claiming that Mario was sending a message that it's O.K. to wear fur, specifically targeting it because in real life, there is a animal called Tanuki, which is a japaneese racoon-dog. The Tanuki is often hunted and beaten to get skins to sell. A few years earlier, they created a flash game targeting Cooking Mama.

This year, with the release of Pokemon Black and White 2, the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals has made another flash parody, Pokemon Black and Blue version. In this game, you play as Pikachu, Tepig, Snivy, and Oshawott as you battle out Cheren, Professor Juniper, Ash, and finally Ghetsis. The games graphics are rather gruesome for a flash game targeted to bring awareness to a young audience. They've also made another game this year, a parody of Super Meat Boy called Super Tofu Boy, with similar graphics and ideals.
PETA wrote:
For generations, Pokemon have suffered at the hands of their cruel trainers. Help PETA free Pikachu and his Pokemon friends as they struggle for Pokemon Liberation.

The amount of time that Pokémon spend stuffed in pokéballs is akin to how elephants are chained up in train carts, waiting to be let out to "perform" in circuses. But the difference between real life and this fictional world full of organized animal fighting is that Pokémon games paint rosy pictures of things that are actually horrible.

If PETA existed in Unova, our motto would be: Pokémon are not ours to use or abuse. They exist for their own reasons. We believe that this is the message that should be sent to children. —Team PETA

David Elwat responded to PETA's parody with this message:
David Elwat wrote:
PETA seems to have missed the single biggest theme of the Pokemon series: That Pokemon should be treated humanely and live as our equals... The games are loaded with an endless stream of characters who go on and on about true friendship between man and Pokemon. It’s so saccharine and so completely opposite what PETA suggests that it boggles the mind.]

So far Nintendo's responses to PETA's flash parody's have been ideal- almolst role model material. Instead of what could of been a costly lawsuit, after just a well-worded response PETA backed down. This was the case with both the Cooking Mama and Super Mario Brothers parodies.

Personally, I support what PETA stands for, but they have been infamous to overreact. The concept of Team Plasma- under N's rule at least, Has placed the Unova Region tied in my number 2 favourite slot with Kanto, and N first-place in my favourite pokemon characters. Yes, I do like N better than May. I do. He's just that awesome.

So, for those of you that have played the parody, what are your opinions? Do you support PETA's cause firmly, do you have the same opinion as me, do you not like PETA at all? Or do you think something totally different?

More info here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/People_for_the_Ethical_Treatment_of_Animals

http://www.gamezebo.com/news/2012/10/11/5-games-we-cant-believe-peta-made

http://www.examiner.com/article/peta-releases-pok-mon-parody-game-pokemon-black-and-blue-gotta-free-em-all

http://kotaku.com/5093315/cooking-mama-responds-to-peta

http://www.examiner.com/article/nintendo-defends-mario-s-tanooki-suit-attack-by-peta

PETA find the dumbest things to complain about.
Coffeey wrote:
PETA find the dumbest things to complain about.

'Tis sadly true...
PETA wrote: wrote:
Help PETA free Pikachu and his Pokemon friends as they struggle for Pokemon Liberation.
Pokemon liberation? Isn't that what Team Plasma was fighting for? Just thought I should make that connection.
Nameless5511 wrote:
PETA wrote: wrote:
Help PETA free Pikachu and his Pokemon friends as they struggle for Pokemon Liberation.
Pokemon liberation? Isn't that what Team Plasma was fighting for? Just thought I should make that connection.

Yes, well... Under N's rule it was. But Ghetsis was really using it as a front for his evil plans. If you actually go to the game, it shows Pikachu holding a sign saying 'I Support Team Plasma'. It's a shame PETA didn't research enough to know that Ghetsis was using the whole ordeal to steal all the pokemon and re-awaken the legendary pokemon.

6855f1c727085ed209ba2ac08706b963.png
Simple explanation of PETA: they are Team Plasma. But they just so happened to escape from BW and B2W2 to try and influence the real world. As long as we have a random ass hero to the rescue who is apparently mute, then there should be no worries about PETA. They will just get beaten in a Pokemon battle. This is contrary to the fact that Team Plasma (ERR....., I MEAN PETA) outnumbers this mute hero by many orders of magnitude to 1.
Another reason to set fire to their houses.
MastaC729 wrote:
Simple explanation of PETA: they are Team Plasma. But they just so happened to escape from BW and B2W2 to try and influence the real world. As long as we have a random ass hero to the rescue who is apparently mute, then there should be no worries about PETA. They will just get beaten in a Pokemon battle. This is contrary to the fact that Team Plasma (ERR....., I MEAN PETA) outnumbers this mute hero by many orders of magnitude to 1.

I nominate MastaC as the Mute Hero!

Pok%C3%A9mon-Superheroes-Captain-America.gif
Besides, along with the before mentioned points, its called Black and Blue version but I can't go through both Unova and Kanto!