Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Forza 4 VS Gran Turismo 5
Started by [E] gatschet

So sometime tomorrow I'm either getting an xbox or ps3. I don't want a console flame war. I'm basing my purchase solely on these games. Which do you believe to be better and why? Persuade me.
Grand Turismo has always been better hands down. Forza's Textures are nice but other that that Grand Turismo wins. Even when playing the motion is so much better in GT5, also the cars are better.
HolySm0kes wrote:
Grand Turismo has always been better hands down. Forza's Textures are nice but other that that Grand Turismo wins. Even when playing the motion is so much better in GT5, also the cars are better.

But Gran Turismo tyre squeal sounds like someone rubbing an old record back and forth like a DJ would. The sound & graphics are horrific. Plus, Forza 4 gives you the ability to tune mostly all of the car. You can even tune the engine mapping so your peak acceleration is track specific.

I've played both. FM4 is in another league. GT5 is lacking massively on the technical side. Not only that, but the graphics and sound qualities are awful. I rented it for a week and played it constantly - just couldn't get into it. It was like they were trying too hard when adding all the cars. Like, for example, they add nearly every Honda, but only add TWO Holden cars. Not only that, but GT5 can't afford the money Porche want to have their cars in the game, so they have to add the tuned versions (which aren't any good anyway) of the RUFs.

And, by far, the most annoying thing about GT5 is this fucking thing:

d9413f26d8.jpg

It is, by far, the most... annoying... piece of shit car... ever created.

Oh, and GT5 doesn't have the V8 Veyron... or the Bentley Continental GT / any other Bentley except the Speed 8... or a single Koenigsegg... or the Gumpert Apollo, possibly the fastest road-legal car ever built... or any of the other Maseratis except for the GranTurismo S (which was probably only added because of its name)... or any of the Nobles, which are fantastic cars...

If you're getting a console, get the Xbox 360. You can get bundles with Forza 4 and Skyrim, both of which are really good games, for around $280 / £180.
I ended up getting an Xbox with Forza last week, i feel it was the best choice.
Lol now you pay for you online membership.
So. Its worth it
Forza has better multiplayer. Forza has Top Gear (the British Top Gear, not the crappy American one). Forza lets me amp up a Prius so it can go almost 150mph. Gran Turismo may have more cars, but (imo) its quantity versus quality.
TechnicalJob wrote:

I'll gladly play for a better online experience.
TechnicalJob wrote:

Lmfao, let's get on PS3's shitty network and have a ball with disconnecting every 10 minutes... (i have a ps3, it's had YLoD 7 times and disconnected from the internet about 3-10 times an hour. it was awful, so i bought an xbox) i'd gladly give xbox £40 a year to use their network because it's actually good...
gatschet wrote:
I ended up getting an Xbox with Forza last week, i feel it was the best choice.

sorry, just realised i bumped this thread 2 weeks after you posted it D:
#PredSpread wrote:
TechnicalJob wrote:

Lmfao, let's get on PS3's shitty network and have a ball with disconnecting every 10 minutes... (i have a ps3, it's had YLoD 7 times and disconnected from the internet about 3-10 times an hour. it was awful, so i bought an xbox) i'd gladly give xbox £40 a year to use their network because it's actually good...

It's obviously something to do with your system or internet connection, blaming the network is just ignorant. I hate you console fanboys you spout foolishness when you can't even point out your own obvious mistakes.

I bet you own a kinect as well.