Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Easy way to build 3-wide bridges and/or fill in platforms! 400+ blocks placed in 30 minutes work!
Started by [E] WallRunner

Decided I'd make a post about how to do this, to help people out with building flat, 3-wide walkways, especially in the sky, I've done this method multiple times and haven't fallen once, whereas I have fallen many times using the old "crouch and walk backwards" trick.

First off, you need 2 signs, a chest and a stack of any compatible material (List is at:http://craftbook.sk89q.com/wiki/Bridges). Start out by placing a sign where you want the walkway to end (there is a limit on how many blocks away it can be, generally I keep it within 20).

Place another sign on the same horizontal block as the first sign, with a chest next to it, place your material in the chest, and right-click on the sign. Wham! Instant walkway! This saves alot of the trouble of making 1-block-wide platforms and expanding, and requires significantly less clicking.

I guess you could also re-purpose this with the doors craftbook recipe to build walls, just think of it as vertical.

To see an example of how fast this works, go to /warp floatcity, and view the large circle in the very back, it was filled in within 30 minutes of work, by my counts over 400 blocks were used!

From,

Chris.
L8
NERDYtimmy wrote:
L8

Late? I haven't seen this posted before, or seen anyone else do it, I was just trying to let people know about this, changed the way I build for sure!

From,

Chris.