Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] [Tekkit] News Update - 9/19/12
Started by [E] MastaC729

Hey all,

Since the Tekkit server has been down due to the hardware issues, I have been spending this past few days deciding what I think should be modified when I can put the server back up. Here is my current to do list:

-Convert Tekkit to run Spigot instead of Bukkit

-Disable Dimensional Anchors

-Implement new spawn (once it's finished)

Dimensional Anchors need to be disabled; too many people cannot properly manage them. If they get out of hand, then this creates lag on the server. Also, with Spigot, I can limit a few things that shouldn't alter the gameplay too much to boost performance. Finally, I had seen some new spawn builds a few weeks ago, I am very impressed with them. So I want to put in the new spawn as soon as it's finished.

Let me know if there's anything you want to see changed or added, and I'll give you feedback.

-MastaC
I would say keep nukes disabled and if possible disable explosions from nuclear power plants. It could deter someone from intentionally creating a meltdown or having a poorly managed reactor go off and cause damage/server crash.

Have the protected area around spawn extended much farther away since some people look like they had fun hitting morning stars all over the place just off of spawn or blowing up the land around it. A bigger protected area would keep some lag away from spawn from too many machines running at people's homes because the chunk is loaded.

I agree with having dimensional anchors disabled. Since you can use EE to make infinite oil/lava/water buckets or make a lava/oil generator there is no need for offshore pumping if you find an oil source.

EDIT

Imthelag also mentioned a local chat channel in the other thread about dimensional anchors.
I would really like the idea of Nuclear reactions being allowed. I think that it should only destroy the nuclear reactors so you still have to make new ones, but does not devastate anyone else if it happens. Maybe as well make it only hurt players and not the land.. just ideas. I think nuclear reactors are a big part of the game and deserve to be put back in.
I want to seeee................ errrrrr
I think every player should have only 1 dimensional anchor. I wanna see like a market for the spawn maybe and id alos like something where we can contribute to the spawn or something. Maybe events. More of a staff presence. and errr thats it soo far
Hagan - Nukes have been disabled, and nuclear explosions are nerfed. That was one of the first things I changed. Spawn will be bigger than it currently is; I'm just waiting on it to get finished, since some people were hard at work on a new one.

Parker - Just to clarify, only the explosion is nerfed, not the usage. They still can be used to produce power; however, the amount of damage they do to the land when they explode is much less then the default.

Halos - Dimensional anchors are out of the question (mostly because of your antics), but on a server like this, we can't afford to have chunks that stay loaded. A spawn market is in the works with the new spawn, and I have been commissioning more people for Tekkit mod whenever I see people who fit into the category of Tekkit staff. Eventually I'll add a co-manager: someone who can assist in my job whenever I'm not available.
Why what did i do??
I went on a server that had transmutation tablets banned because they duplicate items, even though thats what theyre meant to be used for.
It would be really really helpful to add Treecapitator. <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object>