Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] What does September 11 mean to you?
Started by [E] Aquaphobia

On this day eleven years ago, two terrorist plans hit the famous World Trade Center or the Twin Towers. Another plane hit the Pentagon in Virginia and the last one crashed into fields in Pennsylvania after the passangers bravely fought back. Thousands of people died and many were affected. If you were one of those people, then you can share your story here.

This is my story:

I was only four that day and my parents took me home after they learned what had happened. They were very sad and frightened. My father had jury duty near the building, but luckily survived. But unfortunately, one of our neighbors lost their loved one. The family was given flowers and donations. To this day, I still remember that day because I am a New Yorker and my high school is next to the site. It saddens me till this day but also made me see a new side of bravery in the Americans who risked their lives to help.

Have feelings, stories, anything you want to share feel free.

Dedicated to the innocent people that were killed that day.

~Justin~
Well i guess i can share my story.

I was about 6 and was home, b/c i had afternoon pre-school, and i vaguely remember me and my mom sitting on the couch, i was eating something, and watching the news seeing the towers full of smoke, and i think my mom was crying and worried. most notably because my dad at the time worked in downtown Chicago (near the sears tower) and no one knew if the Sears tower would be attacked as well. that's about all i can remember.

On another note, I fully support rebuilding the twin towers with the ORIGINAL plans, just making them about 10 floors higher. the current freedom tower design looks horrible.

We will NEVER forget.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=x7OCgMPX2mE I just love the patriotism in this video. SOmething you would only see in a movie ya know.
I remember walking into class that morning, me and a few others in the 1st grade had just gotten there, and Ms. Dotson was crying her eyes out in front of the class tv. I never ate anything that day, likewise for most of the entire school... Yes, I remember and will never forget.