Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Question About Mods
Started by [E] LoneTonberry

There's a mod that I just found for my Single Player world that I want to use. It's called Armor Status HUD and what it does is shows you the status of the current armor you're wearing (What type and its durability, along with the durability of the current tool/weapon you're holding), What I want to know since I vaguely remember some staff saying that checking durability of items was cheating but I can't find any sort of rules about it. Is something like that allowed or would it indeed be cheating? To be clear I have no problem having different mods I load for when I go between SSP and Minetown I just want to know if something like that is a mod that I would have to make sure to not have on the profile I use for Minetown.

Thread for the mod in case it matters:

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1114612-132-bspkrs-mods-statuseffecthud-v14-armorstatushud-v10-directionhud-v141/

After that I suppose I'll make this a general question since I don't see this anywhere. Is it possible to get a sticky or something with like a list of "Don't use these" mods? Or somewhere convenient that people can ask about them?
Well, that mod is allowed, some people use it in our PVP server already. You can also use TMI to see your items durability. You can nearly use all the mods, except the mods that do things like xray, cave finder, brightness, etc.. Those mods arent allowed and will get you banned.
i see nothing wrong with that. The only kinds of mods we do not allow are mods that allow any of the following:

additional Speed, xray, visability enhancers, cave/item locators, item changers, inventory hacks, flying, spiderclimb, slow descent, or other things that give a distinct playing advantage over others.
Thanks. Wanted to know before I went and installed something that may have been cheating.
I also have a question about using a different mod.

I'm guessing the answer is yes, but are we allowed to use the auto-item switcher? This mod simply switches to a more efficient item for mining, excavating and tree-cutting. Also to a sword for battling mobs and players. It will only change if the item is in your inventory, so it won't give the users free items.

Link the thread is Here.

Thanks.