Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] About the WorldHub, Proxy and last ~24hours
Started by [E] sawine

Hey guys,

I'm doing this thread because I feel a bunch of people are a bit lost on what happened in the last 24 hours with the new hub/proxy and few other stuff.

If everything would have gone as planned, there would be a news post on the homepage about it, but heh, it seems things rarely goes as expected...

To put it shortly, we are running a "minecraft cloud/proxy software", realized by md_5 (a known actor in the minecraft scene), we are still developing our own (well DarthAndroid is), it is progressing slowy and it is a much more elaborate concept than md_5's one.

md_5's proxy is still recent and a bit buggy. It works 90% fine if I can say...

And apparently, the main server has compatibility problem with that proxy, and the way the software is designed, it makes it harder to monitor and profile it to debug it... we are currently investigating on the issue.

So, I've "un-linked" the main world from the WorldHub, you can access it like before, using the regular IP (mc-mt.com or mc.minetown.net or 69.160.56.90)

You can reach all the other worlds through the hub, with the IP hub.minetown.net or 69.160.56.84

Once we figure out a fix for the main server, we'll re-include it inside the hub.

I'm sorry for the issues the server has been undergoing in the past 24 hours... we're doing what we can to fix it asap.

On top of that, we've been hit by a massive DDoS last night 5min after we released the WorldHub...

Thank you for your understanding,

Cya
Completely understandable, amazing things don't come easy, but when we pull through we're gonna set a landmark in the MineCraft Server World <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object>

I've also made a few suggestions on improving the HUB, if you have time, you should take a read~
so is the old server with clans and all that we built coming back soon?
All the servers are online. Right now, it is just a matter of getting through Mojang's authentication servers...
they suck...lol
Damn it Mojang. If it's not one thing it's another.
Twice in one hour.... *dies*
Congrats on the world hub coming out! Means we can get to any of minetowns servers without logging out! Amazing!

This also means once everything is stable event world can be released!

x
DanniDorrito wrote:
Congrats on the world hub coming out! Means we can get to any of minetowns servers without logging out! Amazing!

This also means once everything is stable event world can be released!

x

About that....

The Event World is already set up with the hub and people can connect <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>
Yesterday it was down and only the main world was enabled <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object> x