Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] help command
Started by [E] spartin117john

When i type the command "/help" i get an error message saying " I'm sorry, but you do not have permission to perform this command. Please contact the server administrators if you believe that this is in error".

Does anyone know why this came up?

We do not allow members to use the /help command becuase this displays all of our plugins. We do not want members to know any of our plugins to keep Minetown a one of a kind server. If you need help with anything staff related, feel free to make a petition in game with /pe new.

Thanks,

Cya
I kinda think something should be done about this. I see people complaining about it all the time because when you type an incorrect command, it specifically tells you to type /help <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61f.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":anxious:">:anxious:</object>
Yeah, maybe rename the /help command to something that contains only the help information for plugins that regular users have access to. Or, instead of it saying type /help when you get a command wrong, it could give you a link to the wiki.
Generally, plugins will include some form of command help wherein if you type /<plugin name> it will list the plugin commands, or at least tell the user the help command for that plugin!

This isn't the case with all plugins, however, so when I come across a plugin where I can't remember/don't know the commands for it, I generally find searching google to be the quickest and easiest solution, as if you search the name of the plugin ( provided you know it ) or something to do with the plugin, you will probably end up coming across the bukkit page for that plugin, listing all the commands you will need! <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>
oh alright thanks. I thought maybe my account had been demoted or something because i remember that you used to be able to see all of the commands like that. There where so many pages. Anyways thanks again.