Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] War
Started by Unknown User

Ok, I've spent the last three weeks trying to make a good system for this. It's been on and off, and cost me more than a few bottles of vodka, but I think I have a nice solid system.

Conditions for war:

A) Both factions must have a castle/fort/city for sieges, AND must build a clearly marked flag tower or main building with a ten block high 1-wide stone tower

B) Both must agree to it

First of all, both parties need to accept the first war challenge. Anyone can attack anyone, but both need to accept and understand the war agreement. Opposing forces may accept or decline these agreements, depending on what the community wants. I think it would be wise for all factions to make a wartime counsel to decide when there will be wars, and when there will not be.

Secondly, 'war' does not mean go murder people in the street who are of the opposing faction, it means sieges, which is when members of one faction go and attack the main city or castle of the enemy, and the other defends as best as they can. Sieges will last 15 minutes, or until all attackers are dead. Attackers must reach the peak of the enemy city or castle, or the main hall/flag tower of the place under siege. The attackers win if they take down the 10 block high stone tower and replace it with a 10 block high dirt tower.

Third, sieges will be once a day for a week for the warring factions, at set times. Times are as follows

Sunday raid: 11 PM (all times in eastern time)

Monday raid: 5 PM

Tuesday raid: 6 PM

Wednesday raid: 5 PM

Thursday raid: 5 PM

Friday raid: 8 PM

Saturday raid: 9 PM

Saturday is the final siege, so it will be a respawn 30 minute battle. If you die in normal raids, you die until its over. If you die on saturday raids, you can rush back to the siege. It will alternate between Attackers/Defenders throughout the week. The ones who declared war siege first, on the next day they are defending. So if you are the declarers of war, your schedule looks like this:

Sunday: Attack

Monday: Defend

Tuesday: Attack

Wednesday: Defend

Thursday: Attack

Friday: Defend

Saturday: Attack

Losers of the sieges overall gain the right to immediately challenge their foes back and the enemy has to accept. If the defenders lose again, they may not do this again.

Times are all bendable to the needs of the different factions.

If we get deathnotify, I would like to implement a point system. When attacking or defending, as you kill people, you gain points. 1 point for normal grunts, 5 points for a war council member, and 10 points for the leader of the attacking/defending party. It is up to siege leaders to keep track of the points of all their members, so there is no cheating. I think we can kill two birds with one stone in this, because my idea is that those who have the most points on the winning team will get 1 free thing protected.

Losing teams do not lose anything, except their pride and dignity. Winners get 1 of the following:

Three stacks of cobblestone

10 diamonds (NOT diamond blocks)

20 arrows

1 bow

25 obsidian

64 bloodstone

32 glass

64 coal

All of these are (hopefully) provided by an admin or owner, so that the losers don't have to give the winners their hard earned booty.

Will expand upon this as my massive hangover wears off...

Comments? Suggestions?
It'll be hard for me to do it cuz i'm swedish. The time is different.
It is a good idea, but I doubt any faction even the larger ones could have most of their military on once a week at a set time, and for smaller factions they will be lucky if they can even get 3 military members on. Also cities with admin protected areas such as Hyrule (Whole city is admin protected so only Broly can damage it) will have a distinct advantage over non-admin protected cities.
We could disable them, for that time at least. Then have the admins reprotect after the fighting is over. And I said nothing about a military, just 9 other members of the faction along with the general or leader of the faction. The army was someone else's idea. I made this a while ago lol
Still getting that many faction members on at the same time is difficult.
The whole thing feels silly. It takes out all strategy and turns battles into a game of kicking each other in the shin, and the only way to win is to have a bigger boot.
I think that instead of the fighting happening in towns with innocent bystanders there should be a 3 part arena setup with one marked zone for each team. each team then builds in their base area with the same flag system drae suggested and then the middle both teams get to edit. for such wars the materials would be assigned point values and be provided to each team where they are allowed to use up to a certain amount of points of material. so a team could use all their points on obsidian but a better made rock and sand system might still win out.
To many rules and conditions, I play this game 10pm-2am EST. So I never get to raid? Plus I don't think large scale war is really going to be fantastic in this game.

I think, perhaps, factions should make a "Battle Castle"; a base which can not be granted protection and is designed to be potentially stripped down (ie grief rules and whining not applied), inside, under, or above could be any number of traps, along with the threat of faction members attack.

I like the prize idea, something like a minimum (3) chests are hidden throughout the castle.
One rectangular field in which has elevation and objects, barricades etc. Chests to store a few things. CTF kinda deal. Different objects are worth different points and some objects can be destroyed. This can be the field of war which the factions chose when to fight. = teams but gear is dependant on what is available..

Also maybe divide the field in half and each faction has x minutes to fortify/trap to prevent the capture of objects.
TheBadFox wrote:

I think, perhaps, factions should make a "Battle Castle"; a base which can not be granted protection and is designed to be potentially stripped down (ie grief rules and whining not applied), inside, under, or above could be any number of traps, along with the threat of faction members attack.

I like the prize idea, something like a minimum (3) chests are hidden throughout the castle.

Seeing this, This is also a good idea. Good rewards.