Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] A Multilinguistic Server
Started by [E] jpkoushel

Okay guys, I have a topic that I would like some opinions on.

First of all, allow me to give some details on my argument:

I speak two languages with proficiency, my native English and Esperanto. Esperanto is a constructed language, designed for use as a universal second language (meaning it wouldn't replace native language, just be used alongside for international communication) and has many advantages over English for a global language. However, that is not what this thread is for.

Esperanto has allowed me to meet people from many different parts of our world, and games such as Minecraft are heavily favored towards the Anglosphere; I don't even think that there is a language option in Minecraft. Even in Notch's native Sweden, English is spoken commonly. However, this does not mean that every civilized nation speaks English. Even in countries such as Spain, Italy, Russia, et cetera, English is not so normal (outside of tourist venues, of course). That means that there are billions of civilized, thinking people out there that have no access to Minecraft, not because of cost or accessibility but because of language.

If others that spoke Esperanto, but not English, were to join our server, would this be offensive to those who natively speak English or those that have learned it? If so, please explain why; I am not looking for stereotypes, etc. in this thread.

Of course, all Esperantists in the server would be able to communicate through me and perhaps the occasional other Anglophonic Esperantist that walked in. I feel this would also be great for role-play, as this causes not a pretend need for ambassadors but a demand. We could even set up our own city of Esperantists, and visitors would feel as though walking through a real foreign city, from everything to the international designs of the players to the signs in Esperanto!

Please give your opinions and explain why; thank you!
A well-made post, and I would like to see one.
I don't understand; when you say you would like to see one, do you mean a well-made post or a group of non-Anglophones?
i meant the city of esperantists
Hehe. Now that the server could support it, I see no reason not to invite others