Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] [Event] Matt's Book Contest!
Started by [E] Matt [5]

Matt's Book Contest!

You've been asking for events and it's time for me to give you one! Minecraft 1.3 has added so many new features to the game, and I definitely think we should celebrate them! One of the biggest new features are the Written Books, and that's what this contest will be using! It's time to show off your literature skills in this event!

RULES

• You may submit up to four (4) entries
  • Your entries must be in different categories, only one (1) per each
  • All entries must be at least three (3) pages in length.
  • If possible, try to keep all entries below thirty (30) pages in length. I want to read your books but not that badly!
  • This event will end Sunday, August 12th at 11:59 PM Eastern Time

CATEGORIES AND PRIZES

With the donations I've received so far I am able to increase and add more prizes, thanks to all the donators!

Overall First Place = 7500+ MTC

Overall Second Place = 5000+ MTC

Overall Third Place = 2500+ MTC

Comedy: First Place = 1000 MTC, Second Place = 500 MTC, Third Place = 250 MTC

Tragedy: First Place = 1000 MTC, Second Place = 500 MTC, Third Place = 250 MTC

Novel: First Place = 1500 MTC, Second Place = 500 MTC, Third Place = 250 MTC

Poetry: First Place = 1000 MTC. Second Place = 500 MTC, Third Place = 250 MTC

HOW TO SUBMIT

To submit your entry, head on over to /warp BookContest. I have free Book & Quills there for you to use in the contest. When you are done, sign the book and give it a title. Then, throw it down the chute at /warp BookContest and it should automatically be collected in the chest down there using an Integrated Circuit (Thanks Leo).

DONATIONS

All of the prize money listed above is coming from my own MTC, so Donations will be greatly appreciated. The Overall Prizes will be increased, and that is why I have the "+" sign next to them. If you do donate, please write down how much on this thread so I can give you proper credit, and so I have an event budget.

Good luck and happy writing!
nice, i'll try and come up with something and donate when im on later
So Matt.. I heard you liked scary stories. c:<
I donated 5000
I have donated 2000 MTC. Get writing those books people! <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>
Seems like fun <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object> I'll write a Novel.
donated 5000, now to come up with a book...damn, of all the blocks in minecraft i have to get writers block, lol
A few updates and edits. Possibly a Forum Moderator can update things a bit in the first post? Thanks <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>

Rule Updates

The max page length is now 30 pages, to accomodate with those longer writers!

Prize Updates

With the donations I've received so far I am able to increase and add more prizes, thanks to all the donators!

MattGehringツ wrote:
A few updates and edits. Possibly a Forum Moderator can update things a bit in the first post? Thanks <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>

Rule Updates

The max page length is now 30 pages, to accomodate with those longer writers!

Prize Updates

Updated.
Submited my novel. Also, looks like I've found da secret hole.