Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Mods, Hmmmmm?
Started by [E] Lochie

Mods, whats the deal with them, the're for specific versions, NOW i have 2 questions about them

1: if you download a mod in say 1.2.5 for example (there is a mod i want and its for 1.2.5 but ive got 1.3.1) will you get to keep it if you update your minecraft or will it just take it away again.

2: if it IS only for say 1.2.5 will you be able to download and activate it if you have the latest version of 1.3.1 or 12w27a or can you ONLY download it in that version and keep it as it updates, my main worry is will you be able to keep the mod if you downloaded it in an earlier version then update it, will you keep your mod? But i would greatly appreciate it if you answer both.

P.S I am not talking about our server mods, lol.

THX

-Kind Regards, Lochiechoccie <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object>
Mods for 1.2.5 will not work with any other version
When you update minecraft, I think (I could be wrong) it wipes all your mods, and you'll have to re-install them. Highly used mods (Rei's Minimap, Zombe's, etc) are updated fairly quickly, and it isn't a problem getting them.

Mods rated for a certain version typically only work with that version, so you'll probably need clean fresh 1.3 mods. I've had cases where older mods work with the newer versions of MC, but it typically won't happen.
Updating your client wipes your minecraft.jar, which is where most of your mods are.
aaaaah, POOH I will have to find another rune mod for 1.3.1
Lochiechoccie wrote:
aaaaah, POOH I will have to find another rune mod for 1.3.1

It's not that you have to "find" one, its that you have to wait for one to come out for 1.3 The author of the mod needs to update it. its not like plugins/mods are all ready for minecraft when they update.
I know ut you know what i mean when i said that i meant i will have to wait and then find the mod again