Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Sauvilbob's Ban Appeal
Started by [E] Tangency

Username: Sauvilbob

When you were banned : 31 July 2012

Person who banned you: No Clue, I wasn't online when I was banned, and I wasn't given any information as to who had banned me or what party I seemed to have offended. The exact message I got was, "Griefing a Mod's shop not the brightest idea."

Reason you were banned: Apparently griefing a moderator's shop.

For one, I have never griefed anybody, so I don't even know what shop or anything else in detail because I wasn't explained any of this in detail. I would have to be given details as to why, who, what, when, and where because I have absolutely no clue. To be honest, I don't even think I have been in a mod's shop, let alone griefed one. Any further detail would be nice so that I could follow-up with any information to support myself.

Thank you,

Sauvilbob
Actually, ignore all of that. I think I know exactly what transgressed:

Please duly note that this specifically assumes that the ban in correlation to griefing has something to do with IvyDreams and his/her shop in Millenium City. If this has to do with any other possible shop that I have been into, then this should all be rendered null and void.

My first point:

GRIEFING

A griefer is a player in a multiplayer video game who deliberately irritates and harasses other players within the game, using aspects of the game in unintended ways. A griefer derives pleasure primarily or exclusively from the act of annoying other users, and as such is a particular nuisance in online gaming communities, since griefers often cannot be deterred by penalties related to in-game goals

I wasn't harassing, deliberately irritating anyone, or attempting to use the server in an uninteded way. I fixed what could have been considered "griefing" before the problem was even addressed. I was just attempting to make sure that everything was all right and legal by the city building code.

I think it was probably IvyDreams who banned me for griefing his/her shop, of which I didn't grief. I was on building commission for Millenium City when I was part of Sith, and I lagged one day and saw something underneath the shop that I assumed was Ivy's and against the city building codes. I broke down a few blocks to see what was happening and there was a cactus farm underneath the shop that DID NOT have area protection relevant to the lot that the shop was in. After I had assessed the situation I got up and out of the underground cactus farm and replaced every block that I had broken. I spoke with HunterKiller47 about it, prior to my entire knowledge of what the cactus farm was, and so I showed him. Being a leader of the clan that the city belongs to, part of my duties were to check for anything illegal by the building code, of which I assumed that the building was until I learned more about it.

Again, I made sure that everything in the shop (which wasn't fully set up at the time, which means the building wasn't finished by the city rules for buildings, which adds onto the short list of things that made me believe that the building was, in fact, illegal by city rules) was placed back where it was. Also, I did not remove anything more than what I needed to remove to be able to further understand the situation, and all items removed were replaced with the same type of material. I didn't break any signs, light anything on fire, pour lava/water on anything, destroy the structure, spam the structure with signs/paintings, or add any amount of blocks other than the blocks that I had to place to make the shop the exact same as it was prior to me going underneath it to make sure everything was all legal by building code.

Thus forth, I did not do anything illegal by Minetown or city rules by making sure that the building was legal by the City Building Codes, especially because I did absolutely no damage to the structure.

Of course, I do realize that it is not my decision as to being banned/unbanned, and that it is entirely up to the moderators and admins that read the ban appeals. I apologize for any possible inconvenience that may have happened, and would be happy to fix the situation with any party involved.

Thank You,

Sauvilbob
I would love it if somebody reviewed this please.
Pleas be patient while I read over everything adn check things out with Ivy.

~Thanks Holy
Ok after checking everything out this is what i want to say so you know for future reference.

~Your Term Griefing ~ Although your definition is almost spot on I would like to point out what I see as griefing. As I said before I agree with all your points except I also believe Griefing in Minetown means placing or removing blocks that were NOT originally placed by you without consent from the original person that placed that blocked. I think a majority if not all of the staff agree with that statement. that being said that is why you were banned. You removed several blocks without Ivy's permission, even though you replaced a lot of them does not make it ok.

As for being on building commission that is also fine but I recommend instead of breaking through the floor of a players shop that you speak with the player first and then go from there. Minetown has rules that oversee Town rules. one of those being : Griefing is anything that is destructive to the work another player has done, whether taking materials or placing them..

Im seeing this as an accidental griefing. Im going to unban you but please listen to what I have to say.

DO NOT Break other players blocks without their consent.

This is SO very simple to follow and I hope you do so in the future.

Unbanned

/Locked

~Holy