Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Custom Minecraft launcher.
Started by [E] Madster

Hey guys. So I think I am going to attempt at writing a custom minecraft launcher. Here is the mockup photos of the launcher!

MCLauncherwelcome.png

MCLauncherVanilla.png

MCLauncherTekkit.png

MCLauncherSpout.png

Let me know what you think, and If anything should be added.
Awesome!! Suggestions (may already have these planned):

Allow people to choose how much memory to allocate

Allow people to choose which Build to use, for each separate gametype (if possible)

Allow multiple profiles for each gametype (so you can choose different settings for each profile and a different .minecraft folder for each one)

Possibly a an easy mod-installation thing for people who have trouble installing mods!

Otherwise the splash screens look awesome!!
Awesome!
MCLauncherwelcome2-1.png

New update for homepage.
Madster, it;s looking great I've thought of a small suggestion of course I don't know if it's possible but I'm sure it is. So i see you updated the homepage background well I liked the first one and I like the new one so what if you made/ found a few more backgrounds and made them alternating like every 5 seconds or so?
MillionAcers wrote:
Madster, it;s looking great I've thought of a small suggestion of course I don't know if it's possible but I'm sure it is. So i see you updated the homepage background well I liked the first one and I like the new one so what if you made/ found a few more backgrounds and made them alternating like every 5 seconds or so?

Hahah! I have already been looking into this. It won't be every 5 seconds, but it will be like every time you go to a different page. <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>
You also need to allow for custom jars... I have one for my staff client and one that I use on my alt, so I don't have to worry about all the bankable stuff like fly mods. If you need any examples, look at SK89q's. His is perfect, just not pretty like you are making yours out to be. With his, I can seamlessly toggle between all my jars with a click of a button and it remembers all my passwords, which is nice if you have multiple accounts. Also, the memory alloication is a very nice feature, I highly suggest looking into it.
Ye
Yield wrote:
You also need to allow for custom jars... I have one for my staff client and one that I use on my alt, so I don't have to worry about all the bankable stuff like fly mods. If you need any examples, look at SK89q's. His is perfect, just not pretty like you are making yours out to be. With his, I can seamlessly toggle between all my jars with a click of a button and it remembers all my passwords, which is nice if you have multiple accounts. Also, the memory alloication is a very nice feature, I highly suggest looking into it.

Yes! When you select one of the three game types i plan to let others do the following:

Vanilla: use snapshots, or current, or older. Also able to upload your own jars to use

tekkit: not really sure on what to do with this atm, since its like.. it dosn't really need any custom jars

spout: upload custom spout mods from there site
Yield wrote:

Yes! That's exactly what I was trying to say, just in a more technical and understandable way!! <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>
Yield wrote:

Just make a reskin? <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>