Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Main server says "Can't resolve host name"
Started by [E] Ben10_Jamin

I'm positive The hostname is entirely correct so what is the problem?

I can play on creative worlds and pvp etc. <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f635.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":dead:">:dead:</object>

The main server is where I play most can someone help me with this issue i'm stumped.
Make sure there is no space at the end of the IP (happens when copy/pasted)

If that still doesn't work, you can use the direct IP (69.160.56.90) or you could also try to update your DNS server to google's one... although I don't see why you would be able to resolve all our other subdomains but not the main server one.

Cya
Thank you, hrm funny thing just now

I added the main server under a different name and typed in the hostname. It worked but then once I disconected it did the same thing. I used the direct ip and it said it had problems communicating

I repeated with another one again with the "mc.minetown.net" It works but the direct ip one still doesn't work wierd.. their the same server. i't seems like I can play online now I just have to keep logging in the server ip..? I'll let you know if I find out whats up.
Ben10_Jamin wrote:
Thank you, hrm funny thing just now

I added the main server under a different name and typed in the hostname. It worked but then once I disconected it did the same thing. I used the direct ip and it said it had problems communicating

I repeated with another one again with the "mc.minetown.net" It works but the direct ip one still doesn't work wierd.. their the same server. i't seems like I can play online now I just have to keep logging in the server ip..? I'll let you know if I find out whats up.

Do you have any anti-virus programs? if you do maybe its blocking some stuff from minecraft.
yeah that would make sense