Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Has minetown become more resource intensive on the computer?
Started by [E] antonyoo

Has minetown become more resource intensive on the computer? Im not sure I worded that the right way, but I ask because my computer has been getting very hot compared to before by doing the same activities. I have a program that tells me how hot my computer is at the moment, and the termperature has gone up about an average of over 6C.
Now I may be totally incompetent when it comes to computers, but I'm almost positive the server can affect that, only your client can.
If you're computer is hitting blistering temperatures of up to 6C, I'd put your drinks on it to keep them cool.
In all seriousness, your fan probably needs a clean, or your CPU is struggling to process minecraft and anything else you have open.
Do what Tprezz said, and run msconfig... (windows button + r, type msconfig) Go to the startup tab, and disable EVERYTHING BUT your Anti-Virus. If you have 7 or Vista, don't disable "Microsoft Windows Operating System" If it's there either. Apply and hit restart, and see if that helps. It stops all of the junk services from hogging up the cpu from even starting when the windows boots, which in turn, gives minecraft some more wiggle room to work with. Note that these services will start when you start their respective programs. I have a little dinky pavilion DV4 laptop with a ATI Mobility radeon HD 4200, and can run minecraft perfectly with far render distance! <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>
Jared5595 wrote:
Do what Tprezz said, and run msconfig... (windows button + r, type msconfig) Go to the startup tab, and disable EVERYTHING BUT your Anti-Virus. If you have 7 or Vista, don't disable "Microsoft Windows Operating System" If it's there either. Apply and hit restart, and see if that helps. It stops all of the junk services from hogging up the cpu from even starting when the windows boots, which in turn, gives minecraft some more wiggle room to work with. Note that these services will start when you start their respective programs. I have a little dinky pavilion DV4 laptop with a ATI Mobility radeon HD 4200, and can run minecraft perfectly with far render distance! <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>

Thanks for the reply. But I have a mac lol
Yes, I have noticed that playing on MT is harder on my computer than that other small server that my brother plays on... and its harder on my computer than SP
That will be because of complex structures and signs etc. It's not the server, it's what's built on the server. You'll notice the FPS lag reduced in the wilderness.