Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Back to Creative-item-spawning-server
Started by [E] RadicalMGuy

I don't know if its just me, but the server felt x10 more fun before the switch to RP.

The creativity level on this server used to be through the roof, with beautiful creations on every square inch of the map. People collaborated to make crazy projects and large scale achievements. Games and competitions were held regularly. Everyone seemed to joke around more and the people seemed closer.

Now it just feels like everyone is item hoarding, and only builds what it is necessary and when it is necessary. The map is dull, and looks like something someone might have made in SP. People don't talk as much and I miss all of the obsidian trapping and the falling into the void and the games we used to play (spleef, anyone?)

I just think that before the server was WORK, everyone had fun doing what they wanted whenever they wanted. Now that its become hard work to get the smallest of things done, nobody just builds things and does stuff. Its all "oh i dont have enough" or "oh i need that for my house", so instead its literally become a survival fest where people dont give a shit if they die.

We could go back to to Creative in a breeze. In fact, it would be more fun now with the new items and ESPECIALLY the working minecarts. We could make this place great again guys, and all it takes is a little change.

All in all, I just think the server has declined a whole bunch since this RP thing has started. Consider my suggestion or dont consider it, this is just the way I see it, I'll probably keep playing either way, but I no longer feel the hopeless addiction I once did and now feel more of a grudging respect and obligation.

Note: There is no poll, because I don't want this to just be looked at as a Yes or No thing. I just want it to be considered and debated and then maybe then I'll make a poll.
I think the reason why we went roleplay is so that you can do everything that you were going to do in single player just with some help or to have someone to talk to... just my opinion
Maybe its just be, but I prefer a different game mode to an extension of an already existing one
you could always play 2 different servers couldnt you?? im not trying to push you away but Cody intended this to be a RP server in my mind and i think thats the direction he wanted it to go
I'm not saying I don't still like this place. I'm just saying I don't like it nearly as much.

1 (Justin Bieber) - 2 (Nickelback)- 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 (MineTown now) - 8 - 9 - 10 (MineTown before)
I will have to disagree. Ever since the server was switched to rp our membership level has gone through the roof. Most people act like they really enjoy it. People are working together to build large factions and are getting closer while doing it. Having the server the way it is now opens up a plethora of new things to do. People are now having to trade items, open up stores, and someone even has their own insurance company. Before, the server was just bland and needed something. It was too easy and there was no need for factions, stores, banks or anything. Yeah people made some nice things but you dont get as big of a "wow" factor that you do from seeing someone craft all of the materials and then build something incredible. As for people not talking, everytime I get on the chat box has been going crazy. Everybody talks about their faction or how they are going to work together to build something. So far you are the only one that has said they didn't enjoy it. Everyone else is having a lot of fun playing the game the way notch intended it to be played. I hope you change your mind.
I will have to lean on the side of Rad here. I felt that the old server was very fun, but I do agree it needed something. I wish we could have a mix of everything
I'm halfway. RP and creative are both fun, but in different ways. one is fun in, say, building giant things, while the other is fun for surviving and etc
right now the server is a creative with farming materials. because we don't want to get out stuff blown up we removed mobs so there is no survival just a rule of not falling too far. I think the mindset of people is more creative geared and while i don't think the reintroduction of spawning items is the answer the current game is causing people to be far too selfish with waht they have. as it is i hid all my stuff because i value it and have to worry about theives because no one will leave other people's stuff alone out of respect.

I support people having to get their own materials but right now those materials are just a matter of everyone just screaming, "MINE MINE MINE" rather than working together. the factions have just elevated this as the recent gear/xil fight shows.
I agree. I feel that this server was better with spawning. Not that rp is bad,I really like it.but it is MINE MINE MINE. I am a victim of it myself.The creativity I think is being poisoned by the greed. <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f613.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":undecided:">:undecided:</object>