Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Things Seem to Have Gotten a Little Out of Hand...
Started by [E] Sequel_Sentry

Look, in my readings of the forums over the last few days, and talking to a few people in mumble, I've noticed something. All of these conflicts over the last few days, all of this drama, could easily be avoided by people looking at things from a broader perspective.

For example, a thread was necroed, and another post was made afterwards. From what I've heard from one party, someone removed the first post, making it look like the second person necroed it. Overall, the member insisted a mod removed it. Look at it from a greater perspective. Even if it was true it was an accidental setup, how can it be when a whole bunch of people troll the person afterwards? It just looks like needless trolling.

On the other hand I saw a thread where someone took offense to a pretty common picture, and then everyone went on a technicality spree on what offended people. Look at this from a bigger perspective, and see that if we removed everything that MAY offend someone, this would be a really boring place. Sure, if it's made to offend someone or is clearly over the line, it should go; however, don't tell me I can't go to 75% of the hot threads on this forum and find something that could easily offend someone. If it really offends you, tell the person, but unless they are really trolling you, it shouldn't be grounds for getting angry at them for a joke.

TL;DR: We can avoid all of this drama by cutting the needless trolling of other players, and realizing that when players make jokes, they aren't (usually) trying to offend you. If everyone takes a step to be friendly, we can be a community, cause right now this looks a hell of a lot like drama camp.

-SS

P.S. I didn't mean to offend anyone in the situations I pulled out, that's why I didn't use names.
sequel.

I could not agree more!
I dont disagree, but if we got rid of all the needless trolling, then by definition, there would be no more trolling at all. And that would just be boring.
I think that the definition here for trolling is drastically different than what it is elsewhere on the internet.

That's how it feels to me anyhow. And so what is everyday banter among friends elsewhere becomes "OMG?! Did he really just say that?"
I find this very offencive. Please delete your thread.

no_no_gif.gif

Jk, ur cool.
The negative trolling is over. I am ending it. There is no discussion on this matter. Our forums are a place for people to come get information and learn about our server. If you want to post gifs go do it in the offtopic section.

Exeriti your post was removed because it was unneeded and pointless.
There are differences between joking around with friends and harassment. A clear line.