Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] MCMMO skill lvl reset
Started by [E] Redshii

Hi all,

The most of you that is playing on the PVP server and looks around on the forum on a regulary base, knows the thread opened by 8x8johan about the mcmmo skill reset with all those arguements going on in it. It is not helping us in any way and i have decided to make a specific thread about what YOU think that should be done with the mcmmo skill stats. It will help us to see what the community thinks about it.

All you have to do is just telling us what you think that is best for the pvp server regarding the mcmmo skill lvls reset.

There is only 1 rule: Don't comment on eachothers posts. Just say what you think that is a good solution for the mcmmo skill lvls reset.

Your post will be removed if you fail to follow this simple rule.

Thats all.
Since the Gathering and herbalism stuff doesnt give you much extra i say leave it to be like it is now

The combat skills Dont have to be reset i say

Just give them a 25-35% Decreasing that would make the players with low combat skills lose not that many compared to the Top list Of the combat

It would give the mcmmo skill a fair turn

Since nobody wants a total reset This would be nice <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>
Just give all non-PvP skills a 20-40% Reduce, PvP Skills a slightly lesser reduction. People don't want to lose all of their Combat Skills, Non-PvP skills aren't as important
Eugh, so I have to go copy/paste my stuff from the other thread into this thread. Apologies beforehand; this will be a long post from me!

it's supposed to make the server fairer, but it won't. when i came on the server i what everyone else did when they got on the server: go underground, hide, get resources to challenge the higher levelled players. that's it.

if you do a reset it's gonna be pointless - 15 days of the month will be spent getting your levels up and the other 15 will be spent raiding, with maybe 5 hours tops killing people.

it's just stupid. i don't want to have to get all my levels back, it's just gonna be stupid.

if you reset the skills, i'm gona have a llthat time wasted, along with loads of other ppl on the /mctop leaderboards. also, i don't particularly care about my excavation skills i want to keep my pvp skills, the /swords especially. it's not right to simply announce a reset, such as what happened with the nether reset, and then just boom all my levels go, like what happened to mine, ikai, zdeath and grifff's nether place.

it's like this.

i own a huge company (not really, but it's an analogy) and i've got 100,000 employees.

i suddenly decide i don't want to sell retail anymore and am simply going to sell directly from the internet, and cut 90,000 people from my workforce in a few days. those 90,000 people are gonna be pissed but the people remaining (for example, the people without high /mctop stats) are gonna be overjoyed because they now have a chance to make a real effort to make a difference, but the remaining 90,000 people have just wasted their time at the company to be jibbed off by me.

this reset seriously needs to be reconsidered. the thing is tomorrow, and i know my sunday night will NOT be spent watching Spain vs Italy in the Euros final if it does, and a lot of other people with high stats are gonna be pissed too.

an alternate idea would be to subtract 25% (or a specified %, not 100% (i know someone will say that) from each player's level in each skill. this would make the reset itself fair! if you have one peron who's on the server 1 hour a week, and has a /swords level of, say, 10, and someone who is a no-lifer (such as myself) and is on it far too much, and their /swords is 700, you're taking 10 compared to 70 times that of the 1h/week guy. but if it was 20%, for example, then the 700 guy would go from 700 to 560, and the 10 guy would go from 10 to 8.

Even if you don't reset the server skills people will come. Now, the main argument is that they won't stay because us "experienced players" will spawn kill them. Really? You really think I don't have people in diamond gear to kill? Whatever. That doesn't matter. Sure, people will come and stay, but they will get irritated once they've got their skills up and then there's another reset. Then they'll quit too!

You see, if you just leave the plugin alone or remove it totally and nobody will go because there is either no reset so no slavery to get skills back up or no plugin to whine about. You're sacraficing new players who will check out the server ONCE and go offline for people who will play until the server goes down and if you want that then FINE everyone on the server now will quit and you'll have thousands of non-donators going on the server per day, then going offline without donating.

There are two solutions here: remove the plugin, or leave the levels as they are. The downfall of resetting the skills is absolutely massive compared to the huge benefits of leaving them as they are / removing the plugin entirely.

Me? I'd rather the plugin stayed and this whole idea was forgotten about. But removing the plugin is the only other option.

(I've wrote this myself, from scratch. Will probably cover most of the above)

OK. If you played runescape (don't even bother starting an argument whether it is relevant or not. It IS. FACT. The MCMMO plugin is DESIGNED to mirror how the likes of runescape and other MMORPG's work (WoW, RS, etc.) with the levelling and the stuff.

So you've played RS for a good 8 years and your account has the highest levelset you can get. Then, the developers decide they're not attracting enough players because they THINK that others having high levels is making new players quit as soon as they join. How many players do you think they'd lose? All of them with a SINGLE high levelled skill.

They then decide that they're going to reset the skills monthly. Sure, the new players will come, they'll play for a bit. Then, when the levels are reset, the newer players quit. This just repeats over and over again until the game loses its touch completely and nobody plays anymore.

This will happen with the PVP server. The plugin must GO or STAY, with no resets whatsoever.
Skills won't be reset.

44523181_nodding_gif.gif

/topic

/locked