Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] 1.3 Highlights!
Started by [E] SGT Fenix

Ok so I have been asking around and quite a considerable amount of players want to know the bigger and more prominent features that are upcoming in MineCraft 1.3, here are the highlights of what I thought was pretty awesome! Lets start with the obvious additions and then get more in-depth.

Adding Pyramids:

Not only will there be randomly generated pyramids, but they have traps and treasure inside!

Adding Jungle Temples:

I have heard very little about this, however what I have heard is that they will be pretty awesome and intricate!

Testificate Updates:

Testificate trading:

The long awaited feature of testificate trading is soon to come! A way to obtain the new ore, emeralds! and is it possible that emeralds may become part of the ore based currency in MineTown? Cant wait to find out!

Villagers spawned by means of an egg, (*crosses fingers* hopefully spawners too!) will gain a random profession ( on a side note, the testificates profession determines what they want to trade!)

Different style villages in desert biomes!

Villagers may remove a specific trade option after it has been used 3-15 times.

MOB UPDATES:

Zombie Pigmen: Now this is something you wanna watch out for! According to my sources, in 1.3, although rare, zombie pigmen can spawn out of nether portals! so make sure your portals are in a mob spawn deny region or are in a protected room!

Pigs: Now drop 1-3 porkchops instead of 0-2.

Easier to push passive mobs around.

Baby animals will follow their parents!( I thought that was cute >.<)

WEATHER UPDATES:

Stars are slightly smaller and slightly brighter.

Rain will slowly drip through leaves.

INVENTORY, CRAFTING AND SMELTING UPDATES:

I was pleased to find out that empty buckets are to be stackable to 16.

Wooden tools can be burned in furnaces.

Shift support clicking added to inventory for armor , and brewing stands.

New book recipe!.

MAJOR NEW FEATURES!:

Ender chests!: make two or more, put items in one, and you can find your items in any other ender chest placed by you!

New gravel texture!: at least it got a bit more interesting for this annoying block, perhaps they wanted to give us something nicer to look at as we angrily dig through the annoying substance?

New slabs and stairs for the three new plank types!: Finally! more designer options!

Added TripWire Hooks: Can be connected up to 40 blocks by string! Works on all entities!

Book and Quill and Written Books!: At long last more space for writing! A way to record notes, information, and more! no more sign notes for me! Can be up to 50 pages long! and can be saved and edited later! then signed and titled to finish your book! Perhaps Pokemongardevoir can write MineTown story books! a guaranteed best seller!

New dispenser features!:

Dispensers can eject water and lava sourceblocks now from buckets! And take source blocks back in if there is a bucket inside!

Dispensers can now place minecarts on rails and boats in water!

Specific names for the new types of planks and leaves!

REDSTONE UPDATES!:

Redstone(including repeaters torches, levers and pressure plates and rails!) can now be positioned on slabs and stairs that are positioned upside down!

levers can now be attached to the bottom of a block!

BREWING UPDATE!:

Cauldrons now slowly collect rainwater!

MORE NEAT STUFF!:

Adding Cocoa Plants!

Cocoa beans drop from jungle tree leaves at the same rate as apples!

New Cocoa Beans Texture!

New Emerald ore!

New emerald blocks! ya kno, like diamond blocks!

Adventure mode has been added to singleplayer! however, Mojang has stated that it needs more work!

Bonus Chest options added in singleplayer when creating worlds!

Legitimate way to obtain chainmail armor in survival mode!

XP AND ENCHANTING UPDATES!:

Silk touch is able to pick up Ender Chests, Ice, and Glass Panes!

17xp per level up to level 16, after which levels 17 and up require more points per level!

Xp orbs can now be gained through mining ores, and using a furnace for smelting!

MAXIMUM ENCHANTMENT LEVEL REDUCED FROM 50 TO 30!

IMPORTANT FOR ENCHANTERS! THE MAXIMUM ENCHANTMENT IS AT THE TOP OF THE JIST WHEN ENCHANTING, AND LOWEST AT THE BOTTOM!

MOAR UPDATES? WTF? MOJANG BEEN BUSY AS #$%@

Lillypads no longer break boats!

Other players can now see the cracking effect on a block being mined by another player in multiplayer!!

Well thats the high lights! phew that was a lot of typing! I hope that answers the question of "whats coming in minecraft 1.3?"

Post your thoughts here on this thread! keep it alive and share your favorite new additions!

Sincerely:

WildCat_Brass, AKA VVX1000
This all seems exciting, But what about for MT? Im sure this will be one of the biggest switches for MT yet. LIke the enderchests, placing two, and they both find the same item.. Im sure that will have some glitches leading to duping, and what about lwc working with the enderchests, when you lock one, do all the ones you placed lock? i'm sure that is going to be a lot that minetown has to do to keep things fair.

Otherwise i do really look forward to this update! Can't wait, and thanks for sharing these!
If you know how enderchests work, you should know that you can only see the items you have in the enderchest and not what someone else in their chest has. The enderchest is just the same for us as /chest but this one needs to be placed in the world. Not a big deal.
YES! YES! YES! I can finally burn all of those wooden tools that are filling up my chests, I am too lazy to throw them in the lava, so this is AMAZING. <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object> <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object> <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object>
haha i knew pwn would be excited about that, i thought that immediately when i saw it, also pwn, i have decided to connect the nuclear branch of the facility with the imperial tramway, and use the other end of the station already made to start the outpost, anyways yah i do seriously hope that the spawners make different professions for the testificates, spawning from individual eggs is gonna do that now, not so sure about spawners
SGT Fenix wrote:
Post your thoughts here on this thread!

I'm excited about villager trading, and I've set up two villages (one public at /warp village and one private). I've been collecting materials to trade so that I can get a lot of emeralds when 1.3 comes out. Though I'm sad that they removed the rotten flesh trade; I have approximately 24 double chests of flesh.

One other thing I'm looking forward to is the new drop rate for pigs (1-3 pork chops per pig instead of 0-2).
pwnmaster_dx34 wrote:
YES! YES! YES! I can finally burn all of those wooden tools that are filling up my chests, I am too lazy to throw them in the lava, so this is AMAZING. <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object> <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object> <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object>

There is a command called "/clear" It clears/removes everything in your upper inventory. It is a lot faster and more effective than throwing unwanted items into lava. You can also do "/clear -a" to remove everything in your inventory (armor, upper 27 slots, and the 9 main slots).
Yes. But didn't I say I am too lazy to throw it In lava, That is even easier, but I don't like having to collect all my wooden tools. <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>
I'm excited for the Cocoa Beans to finally hit the market in AGShop and to find a use for that villager spawner! Also can't wait for the books. I'll be able to write my Reports! Idk about how to distribute the Stories though. Maybe Ctrl+c Ctrl+v? Thanks for mentioning Storytime, glad you enjoy it!
Hmmm.... Books and Quill, Nice. <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object> I can write those reports on mobs at the MRF finally. And perhaps write an Autobiography, and maybe a book on the History of the Millenium Empire. <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>
One question about Tripwires-

How will this affect the ability to use string to see region info?