Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Constant lag -- PLEASE READ!
Started by [E] mjbmitch

I am not sure what is causing all the constant lag, but it defently needs to be looked into. You advertice on the forums that this is a lag-free server, yet this is the WORST lag I have ever seen on servers. I know it is in the Alpha, and SMP is not that stable, but much larger servers seem to be doing fine. I believe it is one of the mods causing the lag. I suggest that you should turn off the annoying PvP mod since it is really doing more harm then benifit: Who actually enjoys it? I have used it intentionally like twice, and the other times I used it was opening chests, etc. which ended up killing the other player.

Also, if the "every 30 min. dc" is when the server is creating a back-up, I think you should set it to every hour instead of every half-hour, and post a notice in the chat saying "Creating back-up. This may cause lag and/or disconnect you."

Just a word of advice. I know we all would appreciate a less-laggy server. <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object>
I dont know if your new but the every 30 minutes it to help if there is a big grief and we can reset it only there for youre benefit to help from this log out at 0:49 and log back in at 0:51 very simple as for the lagging were working on it just part of having a server
This WAS a lag free server until the Halloween update. There is nothing I can do. If you go into another server such as Sincraft, one of the largest servers with 1300+ members you will find lag. I went in there the other day and it was 10x worse than ours. Same with the save lag. Every 30 minutes the server saves and causes lag. This came along with the Halloween update. The server that I am paying for is not a crappy server, it has to do with the state in which minecraft is in. As for the pvp plugin, I could take it off and see if it helps any since health is being implemented next week.
Please do Cody, it is also annoying to kill people standing BEHIND you while opening chests and whatnot.
I did last night, pvp is off.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!1!11!

Why PvP why T_T It was so young, how could you kill it cody. Now my arena is useless and I spent all that effort for nothing. NOTHIIIING.

You do know you can set certain areas for PVP and others for no pvp. Maybe set only the arena or faction bases to pvp. thatd work. Also mitch, about the lag, its been that way for a while. It isn't caused by any mods, especially not the pvp mod.

Q_Q

Cody is workin on it, hopefully lol. It's terribad for me, but I can't get on atm since my comp broke down. Doin this from the secondary comp. Frikkin virus... deleted my operating system. Have to reinstall windows 7
calm down calm down, health is coming this week.
Yknow what else was coming last week? Working minecarts/tracks, working health, working nether portals. Yeesh, Notch needs to get his act together.
no offense drae but i wanna see you create a game like this for thousands of people that want to play it, and still meet their needs
Not saying he doesn't satisfy, just his 'patches' cause more holes then they fix.