Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] War system
Started by [E] Dobs

kl
I dislike the 'pay to create your own faction' thing. It is quite stupid if someone wants to just go by themselves, such as myself, but still wants to partake in faction wars.

EDIT: On another note, griefing should not be allowed at all, nor stealing. It is going to turn into an excuse to grief people, and I dislike the idea very much (e.x. Dobs destroys my fort because he thought we were at war so it would be OK.)

Other than that, your ideas aren't all that bad.
Yeah, The grief thing could be subject to change <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>
That sounds AWSOME!
i think people should have to pay to make a town/faction. Would really make the map less cramped if/when we expand

That was off topic <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>

Now, on topic:

I would like this, could the coliseums have different styles, like anchient, modern, classic, ect?

I would like to fight, but would weps be supplied? I dont want to lose my dia sword <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>
I have been contemplating a war system for a while now and i think it's time i put it into writing. While this idea would work for the factions that are willing to lose what they have, it doesn't deal with the fact that a war should be about both the resources and the tactics. some factions are just too well equipped to make the war system you have suggested work such as the fact that I could singlehandedly hold off a faction by using my obsidian. Expect to see my version by this weekend.

Until then I will open a request to anyone who'd like to make a sample economy with all values in terms of either a common item or imaginary points. I wouldn't mind doing this but being in college i have lost a bit of my free time. If i use one of your systems i will pay you 5 diamond for your time writing it. this amount will be split if i end up breaking it from several submissions.

for submissions please include all block types including admin spawned ones. This doesn't mean all will be made available but I would like an exhaustive list as people should earn some points for donating materials even if they aren't war related.
An economy would be extremely difficult to define due to a lack of documentation. IRL this is easy information because it is all documented for tax purposes. We would have to begin measuring the GDP of each faction to determine their economic value.
Draednar wrote:
I dislike the 'pay to create your own faction' thing. It is quite stupid if someone wants to just go by themselves, such as myself, but still wants to partake in faction wars.

EDIT: On another note, griefing should not be allowed at all, nor stealing. It is going to turn into an excuse to grief people, and I dislike the idea very much (e.x. Dobs destroys my fort because he thought we were at war so it would be OK.)

Other than that, your ideas aren't all that bad.

Disagree, it'd be stupid to be at war with no base destruction... "GRR Your mighty dirt walls foiled me again!!"

He's not saying a server wide grief lift. Just in the designated griefing allowed territories.

You better make you base not so easily destroyed by a single person if you dont want it happening... Expect my usual obsidian walls, along with water and arrow traps.

PS: You don't need permission to do any of this stuff, it's not griefing if the two said factions agreed it's okay to tear down each others bases.
Sounds like fun. Fighting is a part of minecraft and due to the weakness of the monsters and the fact we have a hospital just makes fighting and killing in minecraft/minetown boring. If we go through with this I hope my faction leader *cough* jpkoushel *cough* would opt in for it.