Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Alternate Accounts Report
Started by [E] Matt [5]

I'm not sure if this is allowed, but some people on the PVP server thought it wasn't. Just in case, here is a screenshot. The fact that this guy was a real meanie to me sure didn't help D:

vfbmzr.png

The two players are HMGhostlyy and kawiforlife (<-- or something like that...)
Alt accounts aren't illegal, but joining someone faction with the sole intent on harming it is.
I have 15 accounts, believe it or not, I'm actually Coffeey.
And I'm Gackt

Obviously.
and im both of you XD
I'm in you.
Theres nothing we can do about alt accounts really.

If the player has done a serious offence they get IP banned so alt accounts cant join.

If their one account just gets banned and they use a second account we cant do anything. If they start harassing players or doing things against the rules then they will get banned again.

In the past I know one member who got banned and she used a second account and has become a very good community member from the fresh start. I wont name the user but there are some exceptional cases where an alt account can change the player.

Also on the pvp server most things go. If 'spy' players join a faction with an intent to bring the faction down then theres nothing we can do, you need to be careful who you trust and how you run your faction. Not too long ago YOLO was hit by a spy and the entire faction was bombed and items taken/destroyed, this really knocked YOLO from being one of the most powerful factions but this may provide time for other factions to grow and flourish in its absence.

While we're on the discussion of factions we do not want everyone becoming spies and bringing factions down that way, recent changes to permissions and LWC means chests cannot be destroyed with TNT. You need to bring faction power down and claim the land in order to take the chests. At this moment in time that is proven to be difficult since factions have no reason to engage in pvp or leave their base, its easier for them to hide in their protected base with no worry of being brought down.

Because of this we are planning to implement a lot of new things for the pvp server to give factions a good reason to get out there and fight. One idea is have loot chests, a few would be set up around the world and would give out rare items every 5 hours but once that loot chest is used once then thats all thats given for another 5 hours. Meaning factions would need to defend the area in order to get these items. We may try to make it so factions cant claim that chunk so it would be a free for all to try and gain these chests. We are also thinking up some other events and ways for players to attend places to gain items but would be in pvp areas so it would need to be teamwork against all other factions in order to gain the items.

You guys will probably have a lot to say on this subject so please make a new thread to discuss what we could to to raise the actual fighting rates within pvp world rather than everyone hiding in bases.

Since i've covered the main problem of this thread I will lock this. If you have more screenshots and proof of this player harassing or breaking any rules we will issue a ban. Remember to try and report anyone breaking rules, if you wish to stay anonymous when reporting please private message either the ban committee or staff managers with your report and screenshots and we will sort this out for you.

Thanks very much guys! Hope the information I have provided is some good juicy stuff for you, think this is the longest reply I have done in a while xx