Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Ban appeal
Started by [E] Minetown [1]

I'd like to start this off by saying that I am not the official Mr. Minetown and have never claimed to be.

Username: Minetown

When you were banned : The 23rd of January 2022 at 12:02:11 AM Est

Person who banned you: BumpyBob0007

Reason you were banned: "Preventing confusion and conflicting brand messaging"

First off I'd like to say that I think everyone would find it absolutely awesome to see Minetown logged on the Minetown server. I have never claimed to be a staff account or official account in any capacity during the 10 minutes that I got to frolic in the fields of the Minetown server. I was banned for "Preventing confusion and conflicting brand messaging" despite no players ever expressing any confusion. The acquisition of this account was fair game, and the managers even have "MinetownNetwork" registered as an account to use officially. Why do I still have to be banned if this is the case?

I know there's a little salt still lingering in the air after I clicked "Change Profile Name" a bit faster, but you know I mean no harm and only smiles by logging on Minetown with Minetown.

#FreeMinetown #StandWithMinetown #UnbanMinetown

Sincerely,
Mr. I am NOT Minetown (the server) Minetown
I get the appeal of an account like Minetown. It's a cool name and a big flex to have on the server.

Here's the issue:

No matter what you say, someone will take it as an official server statement. Sure, some established players can tell the difference, but plenty of new players won't be able to. They'll ask you for directions, and take whatever comment - no matter how small or obviously joking - and assume it must be true. You may think you can avoid this, but at some point you will say something that gets taken the wrong way, and it'll be on us to fix it.

I'm sorry, but Minetown will remain banned. The same goes for any variants (MinetownMC, MinetownServer, etc.) that may come up as well.
Then perm mute me
You're the first person I've seen who asked for a perm mute as a compromise who isn't a friend of someone who got banned for saying extraordinarily racist things. Typically the reasoning is "Oh it's ok, that's just who he is. He'll be fine if you just perm mute him"

You're not like that, but we don't hand out perm mutes for that reason. At some point anyone playing on the server is going to have to talk in chat, and if doing that is going to cause issues you just shouldn't be on the server at all.

That's not even including the issue the name presents with pretty much anything you do. Claiming, setting up a shop, etc. Anything in your name is going to get taken the wrong way at some point no matter how hard you try to avoid it.
Then I'll just not be perm muted and make sure to explain myself anytime anyone gets confused. I'll make a copy/paste message explaining how I am not affiliated officially with the staff team or the server. Most people already know who I am anyways.
Since there have been some tensions and strong emotions in this thread, we held a private conversation about how to resolve this conflict in Discord. Since the account is owned by an ex staff member, that has proven in the past to be trustworthy, the decision to unban the account has been made. However, the following restrictions will be put in place to minimise the potential of confusion in the community.

1) The Minetown Account is not allowed to create shops of any kind.

2) The Minetown Account is not allowed to own any claims.

3) The Minetown Account is not allowed to join a clan.

4) The Minetown Account is not allowed to advertise both in and out of the game (ex. ingame shops, social media accounts, etc.).

5) The Minetown Account must prevent any confusing messaging about the ownership status or the authenticity of the account.

6) If it is necessary in the future an attempt should be made for the account to participate in PR related projects (ex. making a trailer, etc.).

If accounts that have potentially equally confusing names join the server in the future and the owners of said accounts can be proven to be equally trustworthy, this may be used as a precedent. If any of the above restrictions are violated, the account may be banned again.