Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] TNT duping.
Started by [E] Nico_Da_Pico

Hello, just requesting that tnt duping be put back in the game. yes, many people have said it is a cheat because you can duplicate items, but then why hasnt mojang fixed it? i can see why people say this, but it is a relatively harmless glitch, and as tnt is disabled in the overworld, there is no worry of griefing machines. i could see if you guys had removed a very overpowered glitch, like netherite duping, or being able to break bedrock, but why cant you let this harmless feature continue to exist as you can make so many cool farms with it?
Thanks for your consideration
- Nico
I get where you're coming from, but I can't see that happening.

Yeah, I'd love being able to use a TNT duper to make a farm, but at the same time, I don't want someone to come to my farm once I claim it, and just decimate the entire area around it in the nether, or constantly having a machine run above the end spawn to kill anyone who goes in. More issues that would raise: Economy. TNT would be worth pretty little if you can just dupe it all in a machine, and netherite would be worth less because you just set up machines to find all of the netherite in a given area. Would cause more problems with rules, too. Also, TNT isn't a great thing for the server in all honesty, so having people set up dupers even near the nether spawn chunks would be super hard on the server and having more things we'd have to do so we don't cause lag.

This was not me answering to this as staff, I was saying this as a player of the server. The final descision isn't up to me, just my opionion and what problems I could see if this happened
Matthew is right, TNT duping is a very costly, very laggy process that would cause significant server slowdowns if people used it, and could be easily exploited to grief the server or other players in unanticipated ways. We've had to disable parts of Minecraft's feature-set for these exact reasons in the past, and while it's never an easy choice, it is sometimes necessary for server stability. If mojang were to officially support the use of TNT with some sort of automated dispenser system or mechanic, we would need to do balance and performance testing to be sure it can be implemented safely.

Of course, seeing as Mojang has not officially supported TNT duping with a properly implemented mechanic, we will continue to prevent its usage. A developer choosing to prioritize other bugfixes and feature development doesn't mean they support a bug's existence. There's a big difference between supporting something and choosing not to address it.