Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Bedrock Compatibility
Started by [E] BumpyBob0007

General Info
  • Minetown is now compatible with Bedrock! You can now join on any Bedrock client! This thread will go over some instructions for joining on different platforms, instructions on how to your Java account with Bedrock, and known issues that exist on the platform.
  • When logged in on Bedrock with an account that is *unlinked* to a Java account, your username will be * Note the asterisk - for example, with a gamertag of Minetown2010, on the server it will be *Minetown2010.

Joining the server on Bedrock
  • To join a server on a Bedrock client, you need to login to a Microsoft account. You can set your gamertag here (or if you have an Xbox live gamertag, you can use that)
  • When joining the server on Bedrock, don’t change from port 19132. You only need to add in the IP (which is the same, MT.GG). For joining on Windows 10, Pocket Edition, and RTX Beta - that's all you need to do. However, for consoles (Switch, PS4, and Xbox) you will need to go a little bit farther to connect to Minetown
  • Xbox
  • Switch
  • PS4
    • Follow instructions here

Linking accounts
  • You can link your Bedrock account with your Java account, enabling you to play with your Java account on Bedrock. Your entire account - inventories, claims, money, etc. - will be linked.
  • To do so, first login to Minetown on a Bedrock platform. Then, on your Java account, type /linkaccount *. It will then display a command to you. Run this command ON BEDROCK and it will link the accounts. After this, everytime you login on that platform with that account will be like logging in with your Java account on PC.
  • You do not need to link your account to play

Known Issues
  • This is an amazing feature, and we hope it will enable you to join Minetown whenever you want to. But, at the core, it is linking two platforms that are coded very differently. Several things will appear to work differently, or not work at all, on Bedrock (nothing should be different when playing normally on Java). Please let us know if you find a bug, especially nasty ones, but be aware that some of them are just a natural consequence of this linking. Some of the more major ones are listed in this post, but for the rest check the forum FAQ listed below.
  • You have one block farther reach on Bedrock. This is not a huge deal in normal gameplay, but is a significant issue in Spleef. Do not play Spleef on Bedrock because of this unfair advantage.
  • Some crafting blocks - such as looms, cartography tables, etc. do not work when playing on Bedrock yet.
  • Some cosmetics - such as mpet - do not work when playing Bedrock.
  • Sweeping Edge does not appear as an enchantment on Bedrock. It exists on swords, and will work when used, but you will not be able to view that a sword has sweeping edge on it.
  • Spawn appears to have nether particles when joining on Bedrock
  • Beacons do not work on Bedrock
  • Enchanting works on Bedrock, but with no GUI
Just so everyone knows, I got it to work from XBox!
win10 minecraft beta not supported? or just the stable release's
i'm getting a outdated geyser proxy! i'm still on 1.16.210.

and is linking "mandatory"?

and once microsoft finishe's their thing would we have to go through an unlinking process?
I apologize for not responding sooner here. We were running an outdated Bedrock version for a couple days before anyone noticed. Beta builds aren't supported on Minetown, only full release builds.

Regarding linking an account, it is not mandatory. You can play on either a Java or Bedrock account, or both (As long as it's not at the same time). Unlinked accounts are distinguished by a * before their name.

You can unlink an account at any time in the server with /unlinkaccount. I'm not sure what it will look like when Java and Microsoft accounts are combined.
When Java and Microsoft accounts are combined, they look like Goku going Super Saiyan. Or so I've heard:stuck_out_tongue:

giphy.gifcid=e1bb72ffjmxll7mdjpvj6s6rmhmo3xqluxo742z93f5jr6kk&rid=giphy.gif