Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Make integrated circuits more usable!
Started by Unknown User

Hey guys, I am making this thread because of a total lack of permission to use IC

IC is a really helpful plugin in the world of redstone and for some reason we are only allowed to make afew ourselfs. I really don't see why, maybe certain ones have to be regulated so it isn't used in bad ways but stuff like day sensors and liquid sensors, WHY NOT? For example there is one called a message sender (MC1510) that sends a short message to a player. I was hoping to use that as a welcome message for a town but I don't have permission to use it <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/2639.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":(">:(</object>

Basically, if the devs and admins (and mods) could review the permissions for these signs then that would be greatly appreciated, and would benefit minetown greatly. Plz, I beg of you if there are any you won't give perms to pls say below and say why. At least then I can understand why

Thank you for reading

BARNEY626

link to IC wiki list: http://wiki.sk89q.com/wiki/CraftBook/Integrated_circuits

Bump for staff and other people
Perms to all would be silly and they would never do it... there's mob generator in there. Personally id use the wireless repeater for lights and waterfall switches... so many uses massive door over my area that opens and closes from 1 switch. Redstone glitches after a few chucks... those IC's would allow the creative types alot more options to make some sick structures. I'd love to see this added in some way shape or form... currently theres like 3 active total none of which I'd use personally.
There are some concerns here: 1: how does it affect performance on the server as a whole? and 2: exploits.. I think the app process, or at least a PM requesting a specific IC is reasonable as long performance for every one isn't affected.. realistically I think this is the main reason why many of them are not enabled
Barney, I do agree that some should be implemented because we could do so much more with them. However in response to what you want to do:
Barney626 wrote:
(MC1510) that sends a short message to a player. I was hoping to use that as a welcome message for a town
you don't need IC to do that. If you file a petition you can ask a mod to put a flag on the town region with whatever message you want, so whenever someone enters the region it would send them a message, and if you only wanted it in specific areas then you could create a small sub-region just for that. However, as I said, I do think that with some thought more of these features should be implemented for everyone, and maybe the more advanced could become available through some application process, detailing what exactly it is needed for! <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>
If i told you that extensive use of these signs is a noticeable load on the server due to the way they work, and that going through with this would drop server performance would you still want it?
All I require is the day/night sensor, bridge, gate, and wireless redstone sender and reciever.

We used to have all these and there was no noticeable lag difference. Please re-add?
Remember when Bridges where abused to death ?
jallaf wrote:
Remember when Bridges where abused to death ?

Good times! :veryexcited:
Seeing the view of the community it seems varied, people want these along as it cannot be abused or affect the server performance. To be honest my views are that you should go through a long app process to deter people who don't need it that much. As for the strain on the server, yes they may but simple ones like the sensors surely don't! I am not asking for all to be usable just the best ones like sensors and bridges and stuff. For the region message rev, I know u can do that I have it on my town but I wanted it so u press a button and get info, so you don't get spammed buy the message as you pass through the regions.

Heiwashin I think it would only put strain when multiple signs are used at the Same time. Which won't happen. The signs the selfs seem to make more lagg than the function it does!

Basically I would really like these ones at least if poss more to be available

All sensors

Bridges

Transmitters

And some others I will add when I get home, I carnt get to the site right now

Thanks for your general opinions guys