Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Hiya
Started by [E] Kechara77

Hello! My name is Kechara on Minecraft, Olivia in real life. I have been on Minetown for a little over a year now. I am going to be 43 this year and am married to Abbadon. I will keep his real name private as he is a private person. I am learning more about computers these last few months. I never used one other than to write papers for school, back in the day, and my knowledge was minimal. I am teaching myself Html and Javascript at the moment. I want to learn C++ and maybe python further down the line. I also want to teach myself networking. I have always wanted to work IT or work with computers, but since college back in 98 I was led to believe I wasn't smart enough to and so I got a job as a cashier at Meijer...then as a cashier at Home Depot and 15 years later, here I am still at Home Depot and I am like what am I doing? So I thank my husband for believing in me and for letting me "play around" with what I want to do with my life. I am playing around on the Minetown site and learning how to do things I never thought I would do. Anyway, I sound like a dork here. I love Minetown. Y'all are great. I consider some of you "family." <3
Hey Kechara,

I was in a similar situation to you and ended up going back to school for a degree in computer science with a major in programming, which I have really enjoyed thus far.

Understandably this post was made a year ago but if you haven't started yet, I would definitely recommend starting your programming future with Python. It's easy to understand and can help to branch out in to many other programming languages with a minimal learning curve. There is a YouTuber, Corey Schafer, who has some really detailed and indepth tutorials on Python programming.
Networking was never my strong suit, so I can't really give you any advice in that aspect.

Anyway, I hope to see you around Minetown!