Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] PVP Server - Lava Flow
Started by [E] sawine

Hey,

I'd like to hear the opinion of the community concerning lava flow.

Currently lava flow on the main pvp world is configured to flow only on smoothstone and bedrock.

Should lava flow be unmodified and allowed to flow anywhere ?

i say yes but no firespread so you cant just burn down a wodden house or something. Only for PVP use.
I would just like to point out guys, that if lava is is allowed to flow on all terrain, the PVP server will have to be reset A LOT sooner (if it will ever be reset, which I presume) and also It will be griefed very badly, very soon...
That is a good point coffeey. However you are forgetting that, if it gets too excesive the staff could still use //Drain to get rid of it.

Just throwing that in here. <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>
Lol I forgot about the drain command ^_^

That would actually help a lot if things got too lava'd up xD
Still, people may have lava in their bases?

I would recommend restoring chunks regularly that have NOT been claimed. Claimed chunks remain protected. Good idea, no? I think that would be better.
Ofcourse you don't want it inside of your bases, however you also have to consider that lava can be used to build traps. "You activate a lever and lava comes out of the wall"

Which would be one of the "cooler" traps, in my opinion.

Restoring chuncks regularly is not a good idea, I remember Cryston telling me that it takes alot of the server to restore a certain area. Now, I don't know how much this applies to the PvP server ( in terms of hardware etc) but I'm pretty sure that if you reset a 100x100 area every day it would be very difficult. The drain command is alot easier to use. Now that would however take time off of admins, since they would have to fly around and look for these "Lavagriefed" places.

You're idea is not bad tprez, I just think that if you make a pe saying "this area contains alot of lava, the responsible staff will go there and clean it up, takes about 5 seconds. That would however, mean that players have to help to keep the server "clean", which not all people are willing to do unfotionately.

All in all, I think lava should be able to flow on all blocks. Maybe giving people the option to have it on in their repsective region would be a good thing.

Well, my thoughts anyways <.<
Lava flow would be nice to have since you can pour it on people plus i would love you have traps in my base <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>
Its a pvp server with basicly means stop your bitching, get some balls and charge the enemy. If you wanna play all towny-tradey'n shit go to the main server.

I aint gonna show no mercy to nobody, and notch save those who do it to me.

I just raided a YOLO base yesterday, blowin the shit out of their chests and takeing all kinds of goodies. I showed no mercy and i know no mercy would be shown for my base either. Raiding an enemy base means leaveing scars. Vissible scars like blown up walls, burning houses and lava flooded caves. Scars that would have to heal through rebuilding. Cant handle it? Ragequit back to the main server. Can handle it? Take it like YOLO (like a baws), repair your shit and start regathering. (Kudos to YOLO)

Pluss, people like to hide their bases under lakes of lava to protect against xrayers. This will require them to be able to make the lake bigger, and some (like myself) like to add lava to their underground bases both for decoration purposes and defencive purposes.
Well you definitely made a point exeriti, just not sure if you did it the right way v.v