Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Spamhaus??? Unable to login
Started by [E] HoneydewsFriend

When I try to login to minetown, i get notified about my Ip is in spamhaus. What does this mean. Do i Have a virus. And is there anyway of fixing this?
lol
I did an manual Delist from spamhaus and I'm able to login but why was my IP on spamhaus in the first place.
It's easy fixed, I've had this notification before, all I did is restart my router and it fixed it. I hope it works for you too.

-Kong
HoneydewsFriend wrote:
I did an manual Delist from spamhaus and I'm able to login but why was my IP on spamhaus in the first place.

You provider issued you a new IP when your previous lease was up that was used at some point in the past to spam email or whatever. I've been issued one that was flagged 5 times so far since my provider changes my address every two weeks.
You should never manually de-list without fixing the problem. You only get a certain amount of chances to de-list it and after a few you aren't able to get your IP off the list at all, as far as im aware.

I had a virus on my computer without knowing it and as soon as I did a scan and got rid of it spamhaus stopped blacklisting my IP.
C00LMAN123 wrote:
lol

I might troll now again but at least I put in a little effort.
Coffeey wrote:
You should never manually de-list without fixing the problem. You only get a certain amount of chances to de-list it and after a few you aren't able to get your IP off the list at all, as far as im aware.

I had a virus on my computer without knowing it and as soon as I did a scan and got rid of it spamhaus stopped blacklisting my IP.

Coffeey's right, you can't just de-list it because that WON'T solve the root of the problem. Whatever virus is causing the issue will still be there and you will be blocked again. Run a virus scan, a thorough virus scan, and see what happens.

If it shows that any viruses have been removed and that your computer is clear, manually de-list your IP, it should be fine.

If it shows that no viruses have been removed, the issue is most likely still there and you need to keep looking for the virus until it's gone, otherwise you will only continue to be blocked when you de-list your IP.
On my first scan nothing showed.

I was blacklisted again after manually de-listing.

So then I ran it again, and 3 viruses showed. I deleted them a month ago and havnt been ip blocked since.
I got spamhaused as well. Looked around, looks like I'm on the XBL list, automatically because I am on the CBL database. However, the database information says that the blacklist is solely for email spam and SHOULD NOT be used for any other blocking:
wrote:
If you are being blocked from IRC, Chat, web sites, web email interfaces (eg: you're using Internet Explorer or Firefox to send email) or anything other than basic email with a mail reader like Exchange, Thunderbird etc, the provider of this service]

I am overseas right now, and my ISP might be routing the same IP address to a hundred different customers for all I know. I have no way of fixing this issue. I would like to get my IP delisted from MT's blacklist please
Thanks, Iv done multiple scans and the only thing that showed up was some cookies that is recommend to be deleted, so i have and havnt had any problems.