Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Ban Appeal - Banned without giving specific reason
Started by Unknown User

All I did is give suggestions on Creative Freebuild and then get banned from WeatherManScot. I am building around spawn point and wanting to improve around spawn point.
I always love it when people say, "I was banned for no reason."

Let's start with what you were banned for. "Chat+Staff harassment, Mute evasion." That's what your ban says. Now, that sounds pretty obvious to me.

When you first joined, you had several suggestions and requests for staff help for projects on creative. And, at first, we were fine with it. We granted you several of those requests. But...they never stopped. You repeatedly asked, and then began demanding staff help on projects that you instigated on creative. Basically it went,

You: "I want this project done"

Staff: "We told you we're not doing any more personal projects, but you're welcome to work on it yourself"

You: "No, I want this. It's for the good of the entire server, so you better do this"

Staff: "No, it's a project you instigated."

And repeat. You can't just demand we do a project for you, under the guise of "Well it benefits the entire server, so you better do it." You were told to drop it, yet you continued.

IT IS NOT STAFF'S JOB TO WORLDEDIT STUFF FOR YOU. No where does it say that. I have told you that's not how it works, other staff have told you, that's not how it works. Yet, you seem to think so. You increasingly became aggressive toward Scot, demanding he help you. AfkxXxninja_1_1548579157.png

There were other players on the server criticizing you for this, yet you continued.

After being warned many times (and I mean many, more than is ever necessary to be muted) you were muted. Surprise surprise, what a shocker. You'd think that a mute is a warning to shut up, but apparently you didn't realize it. You evaded the mute, and began harassing Scot. I'll just post the images here.

Image 1

Image 2

Image 3

Image 4

I wonder why evading a mute by a staff member is against the rules. I wonder why? Don't you think it'd be common sense. A mute is pretty obvious as to what it is. Even then, it wasn't like you punished for it immediately. You were told and warned that it's against the rules.

As for the content, that's just ridiculous. Did you really think that was appropriate. What are you, 11?

I want an explanation for why you thought that was okay to say before I proceed with handing down your sentence.
All you want to do is improve and they shut you down. All I have asked is assistance for large repetable projects that consist of me doing the same thing over and over again. Because we don't have world edit, which I can understand why, I've asked them only things that would of taken me hours to do, so my efforts could be focused on much more important things.

I don't get it, you have something who wants to, in a way help your free build server to get better, yet you ban them for doing that. That screenshot above is only a fraction of the conversation, where is the rest of conversation? There's a huge part missing, just like news reporters, only taken in small sections and twist it, clever really.

Have you maybe thought that the other players were from SkyBlock and they don't really give a dam about the creative server.

I've only asked staff for about 3 what you call 'personal projects', even though none of them were private buildings and structures but rather public roads and large long trenches and the other projects that I asked, which was only 2 were the ones in spawn point.

Scot muted me not just because of asking for help, but please of the suggestions that I was providing to again further build the free build server, again, that above isn't the entire discussion.

What do you except, someone is going to be all happy that they get banned, you've got to admit though, now looking at it, it's actually quite funny.

I want to know what the other managers and Mod+ think, you and Scot seem to be close because he mentioned you a few times but not the others.

Anyway, never mind, if I'm not going to be unbanned, then I want my building and everything I have done in the Creative Freebuild Server to be removed. I know that this server doesn't really care about Creative and Freebuild, I get that now.

This could have been easily solved with a minute of worldedit, but Scot made it more complicated than necessary.

And also, I've joined other server, their more open to suggestions from their guests and really taken in the feedback, unlike Scot here was. You guys have really just wasted my time and that's why you're the much smaller server, don't let it get to your head now.

An explanation before you proceed with handing down my sentence, here it is - shove it where the sun don't shine. Trying to be a fake judge now, come on.
Alright, bud. We’ve got a problem here, clearly, and you aren’t helping in any way. The fact that you managed to get me to go through a multitude of login users and passwords just to log in, as an ex-staff member, who can’t unban or ban you, just to tell you how many levels of wrong you are on. I could literally get in trouble for posting on this thread as a non-mod/manager so I suggest you do not take this for granted.

To start off, you, yourself, will never improve the server. The notion is appreciated yes, but the server could go on forever without your build and still retain its quality and player base. Furthermore, simply because an act is inherently appreciated, does not mean anyone is obligated to assist you with your project, which by the way, pales in comparison to hand made builds that you can find in the survival world as well as my works, so your insistence on world edit was not only lazy but futile as projects like yours are not worth consistent assistance. You were not shut down for attempting your own project, unsurprisingly, you were banned because of your actions toward staff, as stated in your own ban. Can we not make it any more obvious for you? Btw, boohoo, you need to take hours to do parts of your build and you’d rather do more “important” things? We’ve also got more important things to do that are actually of importance, so I recommend you step off your high horse and realize you are not a king who’s every priority needs to be met. Because you aren’t.

If you haven’t caught on, I’m responding to each part in order. Let's continue.

Again your build will not make our server “better”. Again you were not banned for pursuing your project. In regards to how you interpret those screenshots, let me spell something out for you. Those screenshots are called ban proof. Pretty self-explanatory word. Those screenshots are not meant to make you look bad! They are to prove you are deserving of a ban! Wow! Surprise, surprise! You are guilty! You broke the rules with those rude messages you sent and also showed you were evading a ban with /msg. No amount of chat logs could save you because of the fact that you broke the rules. No amount of chat logs could ever save you, even if you were “nice” or “polite” at some point. So even if we were to portray you in a negative light on purpose with those screenshots, like the “media”, you would still be guilty. Even if we portrayed you in a positive light on purpose, you would still be guilty. So, in the end, it’s not “a twist”.

What? What does skyblock have to do with anything? Just stop.

The amount of help you asked for or amount of builds you needed assistance on does not matter if you, at the end of the day, harassed someone. You can ask for any amount of help and have all the builds of the world but that doesn’t justify harassing people when you don’t get what you want. You are basically acting like a spoiled brat, dude.

Scot muted you because you deserved it. Scot muted you because Bumpy suggested it as he agrees with Scot. Scot muted you for harassment and your incessant whining. Scot did not mute you because of your “suggestions” which is funny to me that you would say that because the same chat-logs that you claim we left out on purpose would prove you otherwise.

Yes. Yes, this is quite funny, actually. Thought for all the reasons you probably don’t want it to be. We are laughing at you. Not with you.

On behalf of all staff, not just Managers/Mod+. We all think the same way about you. You are not hot s*** dude. You’re on your own. It was pretty funny talking to Scot about it though, I remember saying “It’s funny how people like this probably think they’re above others in cases this, yet they are without support and are a joke to everyone else”.

Sure, will do. But you still have an opportunity to come back. More on that later. Also, why are you guilt tripping by saying we don’t care about creative? Because we obviously do care or we wouldn’t have it. And obviously, people have their preferences so they aren't going to be on creative all the time.

You know what, you're right about that. But if we’re going to make those kinds of arguments then allow me to say the following. This could have been solved if you just shut up and did your own project ok your own because we aren’t obligated to help you.

Alright, you do you, we don’t care. If you are going to act like this on our server, then you aren’t welcome anyway. We prefer more mature or nicer individuals that can likely take no for an answer.

If you don’t think the “fake” judge’s ruling isn’t just, then here is the conclusion of the jury.

As someone else who has been banned in the past, just own up to your mistakes and grow up. Things go by a lot quicker like that. It’s a good life lesson too, which you clearly never learned.

Finally, your sentence would’ve probably just been a few days or a week but because you don’t know how to act, it’s starting to look like weeks. So in the meantime, if you are thinking of coming back, I’d brush up on some manners.
I don't get it. These people aren't doing exactly as I want them to. My projects, which will improve the server so much, are being denied. Why is staff so lazy?

Look, if you found another server, good for you. Frankly I couldn't care less. No one cares. Just like the people in stores who say, "I'm never coming back here again" you leaving has no affect on us. If you want to go to a server where you can demand help, good on them. I don't know where you got the "3" number from, I myself denied you request more than three times that night.

I'll take a page out of Zio's old book. Your appeal is denied. Do not pass go. Do not collect $200. If the other server doesn't work out for ya and you're wanting to come back, you can reappeal in a month.

Also...word of advice...holier than thou attitudes won't work.
What are you on about, you have literally gone all the way around my conversation. Because my projects would actually improve freebuild server as many others before me have apparently been banned for. Really, that's what you do to people that have suggestions, they find another server and you tell them you couldn't care less, what example is that for other players of the server, well the very few that is left. No wonder why the server is getting smaller and smaller, you are hopeless at leading it, I think you and Scot should be replaced.

You denied me 3 times, yeah right, I asked twice that night by the way, get your facts straight, don't just pull them out of your ass. Zio's nephew is a moron, going around the conversation like that. I don't give a dam about the appeal, you wouldn't going to give it to me anyway, you're so closed minded. Monopoly really, you must be some kind of special. Are you some sort of kid controlling this terrible server.

The other server is definetly going to work out well for me and the hell to coming back, get lost, you and that reappear.

Also...word of advice....open your mind to different possibilities, co-create with the players and replace yourself with someone better.
Well I see this is going nowhere.

Thread is being locked and you are being banned from the forums. I guess I am just a "kid controlling this terrible server," but I'm assuming that other players on here don't want to deal with this sort of negativity.