Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Tutorial Room For New Players - Suggestion
Started by [E] Victor Salvador

So I came up with this idea. Well me and I got some ideas from Landr0 too <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>

Since we deserve more players and in my opinion we could do a bit more for new players to make them stay here and enjoy Minetown, I came up with this idea that would benefit for new players as well as the whole Minetown community.

It would be nice to have new players spawn in a Tutorial Room where they would have to go through a little bit of reading of the rules and basic tips. This would reduce the number of new players spamming chat like how do I lock a chest... blah... blah... blah.. At least I hope so.

Later, when they reach the end of the Tutorial, they could open a one time only chest-loot, like the one in daily or weekly, which would give them basic items to start of with. I know that we have /kit wood but I think they would enjoy something more like some basic building materials, a string to check protections, I guess some MT if you agree with it etc. If you have any more ideas on that one post it below!

Also, what I meant by one time only is that the chest can only be accessed once by the account. Once opened the reward is given and the player is teleported to /spawn or there is a sign which teleports them there.

I hope some of you like this idea and maybe would give some feedback or suggestion for this underneath.

Thank you for reading!
I'm not sure of the warp, but I am certain that it already exists.
Yes there is just found it /warp tutorial but some of the stuff like making shops needs to be updated and maybe add a chest loot?

EDIT: Also it would be nice for new players to spawn there and the warps to be MyWarped <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>
Having new players spawn there isn't a good idea. The whe point of having a spawn city is to show all the new people what we are all about and how awesome the server is. As for the loot chest, I may have to bring up the idea to the admins, although that kind of makes the whole point of guest world, for lack of a better word, pointless. What is the point of telling guests to go mine in this area, while your application is pending, if we are going to turn around and give them an inventory full of materials.
I don't like the spawn city because of the massive FPS drop. My computer can sort of handle it but I imagine it can't be great for some players. Unfortunately, it's to do with the client and not our server <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/2639.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":(">:(</object> Otherwise, our spawn city would be a great are. Shame there isn't a nice alternative.

Anyway, yeah I think we should update the tutorial area and have a MyWarp sign to it, at the spawn city!
I didn't say inventory full but something basic which can be used to make a small house with so there (hopefully) would be less of dirt/cobble houses. Also the chest could only be used once so they can't get a full inv. In my opinion a stack of stone and each types of planks and like 32 or 16 glass would do the job. Also a string and maybe stone tools with some bacon, maybe 8, would be nice. But again that is just a suggestion.
What about a console message to new players every 10 minutes, telling them to check out /warp tutorial?
Yes landr0!
Warp tutorial is just extra, it shouldn't be a necessary thing, spamming them with messages to go to a warp isnt really something that should be implemented.

Every application form I accept I make sure I comment linking them to minetown wiki so they do get some form of help and tuition.

Also rather than sticking all new players into a generic training area why aren't members going out of their way to help them start out? Wouldnt that send a better message that we are a community rather than just sticking them through a tutorial. Since being a member I have helped new players in my spare time by giving them starting materials and also helped find them a home to start out in.

I would much rather promote that members are willing to help beginning players than tell them to go to a warp and get on with their own thing.
I agree with Danni, it's our duty as members to help guests when we are able. It shows that we care about our community and the players in it.