Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Hadware recomendations
Started by [E] Electrifeye

Im looking to get a new laptop for next year, as i will need it for GCSE work. However, i also want it to be able to run minecraft (if thats not obvious <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object> ) well without lag if possible, including lag-inducing things such as piston contraptions and large maps. It will also need to be able to run other programs for my school work, but i think if a computer can run minecraft well it will run most programs that aren't other games well. It needs to come with microsoft office and windows 7, all other programs i need i can get from other sources. Im looking for about 400-500 pounds (thats about $600-$750 for all you americans), so im not looking for some £2000 alienware! If pepole could post recomendations that fit this criteria, i would be very greatful!
ASUS
Asus makes great quality computers and they use renown brands when they pick out their hardware. MSI is also something you should take a glance at, however they tend to bit more pricey since they are more gaming oriented. Lenovo, Packard Bell & Toshiba are very great at making computers at a reasonable price. Definitely take a look at those since they tend to be in your price range. Remember to ask for help if you wonder about specs : )
Sorry but what's

Hadware?
I'd have to agree with Nate that Asus is awesome, but I really like Dell too.
BARNEY626 wrote:

Sorry but what's

Hadware?

Hardware = The actual stuff your computer is made of (Hard drive)

Software = Programs and applications (Apps, Web Browsers, Games)
Forget brands, people always think that brands are magically linked to power. It's rubbish.

Get something with the latest series of Intel processors - i3, i5 and i7. Any of them really, it won't make too much of a difference, preferably the i5 or above though.

Secondly, RAM. Look for something with 8GB at least. Minecraft loves RAM. You can also use commands to assign more RAM to your client. On my old laptop, I had about 20-25 FPS on default ram (512MB I believe) but when I assigned 4GB to it (I'll show you how if I get the chance, it's pretty easy) I was getting 60+FPS, that's more than the monitor can even display so it looks fine.
Ok thanks tp. What sort of gigahurtz would i preferbly need? (sos if i misspelt that)
Not too important. They're usually clocked at 2.3 GHz these days and they're decent processors.

Link me one and I'll tell you what I think.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_YjOaTMCAQ

That is how I allocate more ram to minecraft!
PokemonGardevoir wrote:

I'd have to agree with Nate that Asus is awesome, but I really like Dell too.
BARNEY626 wrote:

Sorry but what's

Hadware?

Hardware = The actual stuff your computer is made of (Hard drive)

Software = Programs and applications (Apps, Web Browsers, Games)

No no no I know what hardware is but what's hadware?