Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Late Night Ideas
Started by [E] CrimsonSaga

ok, let me first off say that several of these ideas may be stupid. It is like 3am and I can't go to sleep.

=SERVERWIDE IDEAS=

A legit warp list that is kept track of. After someone makes a warp they need screen cap it and post it appropriatly.

upon migration to the new server there should be a server wide clock (24h time that is).

There should me a name suggestion thread for the new server.

A game arena

future contests!

a Currency system, and a reward system; tokens for winning games would suffice.

give VIP's only enough power to promote a guest into a builder; it would simplify things alot more, but if it can't be done never mind

when the Nether Gates get fixed, upon entry to the nether create a safe house around the gate to prevent people from getting rapped.

add a mute option

Achievements!

Quests for when the RP Server is started

Good ideas!
A legit warp list would be awesome. How should we go about doing this? Just delete all of the warps and have people request them?

What do you mean by a server wide clock? A clock on the website that we all go by? I can do that right now if you want me to.

The new server is going to be the same IP address and everything just a new map so I was thinking about just leaving the name the same unless people really don't like it.

A game arena and future contests would be great. I just need someone to be in charge of the contests because I do not have the time.

We will definitely have a currency system.

I could let VIP's ranks guests into builders but that's what our mods and admins are for.

A safe house would be great.

Myself and the admins can mute people so nobody can hear what they say. As of right now there is no way for just one person to mute someone for themselves. If I find a plugin for this I will add it.

Achievements and quests would be awesome but again I am only one person and I would need help with this.
Warps

Yea basically just clear the list and only keep some people's warps at request within a month or two.

Server Clock

A clock would help, since most of us live in different time zones, it would be good to just go by one time all together.

Name Suggestion

I didn't know it was gonna be on the same IP, Minetown is a good name then <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f632.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":o">:o</object> I thought you were gonna get a different IP for another server.

Games and Contests

There could be another title like "Game Master" some few people who will coach the games and contests to make sure everyone follows the rules.

Currency

what will be the basic currency system? with blocks or with a plug-in?

VIP Power

yea that is what mods and Admins are for, but it would lessen the problem with people joining and then having to wait a good amount of hours in order to play.

Safe House

without safe houses people would get super raped xD

Achievements and Quests

I could help with these...me being an -ahem- RPG expert I already got several ideas <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object>
I can help with anything
I had an Idea that sounds kind weird but atm im making a map tat can be used and there is aHUGe underground area under the city and we could wire the dors with redstone back to the admin house so only the admins can open your house. t sounds dumb but i mean we could use redstone wires for something
CrimsonSaga wrote:
Warps

Yea basically just clear the list and only keep some people's warps at request within a month or two.

Server Clock

A clock would help, since most of us live in different time zones, it would be good to just go by one time all together.

Name Suggestion

I didn't know it was gonna be on the same IP, Minetown is a good name then <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f632.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":o">:o</object> I thought you were gonna get a different IP for another server.

Games and Contests

There could be another title like "Game Master" some few people who will coach the games and contests to make sure everyone follows the rules.

Currency

what will be the basic currency system? with blocks or with a plug-in?

VIP Power

yea that is what mods and Admins are for, but it would lessen the problem with people joining and then having to wait a good amount of hours in order to play.

Safe House

without safe houses people would get super raped xD

Achievements and Quests

I could help with these...me being an -ahem- RPG expert I already got several ideas <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object>

Ok so far I have put a clock up on the website. If you need to refer to a time just go by that time. We will just call it the server time. Example: "I'll get back on at 3 server time".

For the currency I am not 100% sure how were going to do it but I am leaning towards gold bars as the currency.

Hey! I saw that you said we were going to get a new server soon, I'm a little curious, but is there a way where you can save the server in its current state and then find a way so we can download it and possibly reload it in a private lan server or even possibly single player?

I might be a little too lazy to recreate all the pixel art I've been making and the boardwalk so this would come in quite handy for me if I ever wanted to a show a friend some of the stuff I did while playing minecraft =D.
Jdawg wrote:
Hey! I saw that you said we were going to get a new server soon, I'm a little curious, but is there a way where you can save the server in its current state and then find a way so we can download it and possibly reload it in a private lan server or even possibly single player?

I might be a little too lazy to recreate all the pixel art I've been making and the boardwalk so this would come in quite handy for me if I ever wanted to a show a friend some of the stuff I did while playing minecraft =D.

Yes when ever we switch over to the rp server I will put the current map on the website for everyone to download. If somebody wants to host the map on their own server then that would be great.