Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Supercharger question
Started by [E] CodyHollaway

I was wondering if there is any car savvy people out there that knows a lot about superchargers. I am looking to buy a 2003 Mustang GT with a saleen supercharger. I saw someone ask on a forum if 30k miles was too much for a supercharged mustang. This made me worry that superchargers don't last long. Is this true or would a saleen supercharged engine last as long as a regular one?
I have no personal knowledge but after some misguided google searches i would have to say that based on what i read that it shouldn't really effect engine life and only in cases in which you are putting the car under extra stress such as in some racing conditions will you be causing a little more wear to the transmission. the engine life should not be a problem.

WARNING: all of this information is taken from internet searches and does not actually indicate my knowledge. If this is wrong you may ask me for which sites i went to and then complain to them (assuming i still have them in browser history)
Thanks Cryston, I came across a lot of those answers also. I even called a Ford dealership and talked to one of the mechanics. They said the same thing. As long as it wasn't used for drag racing then it should be fine. I am in the process of finding the original owner so I can see if he used it as a daily driver or raced it a lot.